- Responsible for filling blast holes with explosives and detonate explosives to dislodge limestone and rock or to demolish structures.
- Read instructions or diagrams, lay out drill pattern and determine depth and diameter of blast holes and conduct field tests to determine type and quantity of explosives required.
- Mark pattern of drill holes or issues drilling instructions for depth and placement of blast holes.
- Assemble primer charges using selected detonators, fuses, detonating cords and other materials.
- Load explosives in blast holes by hand or direct movement of bulk explosives trucks to load holes.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Connect electrical wires, detonating cords or fuses into series and connect series to blasting machines; press handle or button to detonate charges.
- Handle, store and transport explosives and accessories in accordance with regulations and ensure that safety procedures are observed.
- May operate air-track, rotary, down-the-hole or other drilling machines to drill blast holes or may direct drilling of blast holes.
- Perform any other duties as may assigned by Senior.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma or its equivalent in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience in open pit blasting.
- Experience as a blaster in surface mining and quarrying or construction.
- Very good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good oral and written communication skill.
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development