Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti
newspapers and various online products are looking for motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
CONTENT UPLOADER – (1 Post)
Responsible for edit and upload content for the Platforms and ensure it is uploaded in the accurate format in timely manner.
- Collaborate with Digital, Editorial, Marketing and Advertisings teams to plan and develop Platform content, style and layout
- Liaise with content writers to ensure brand consistency
- Optimize content according to Company Policy
- Use content management systems to analyze subscriber/platform traffic and users engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to Digital channels and social media platforms to increase Revenues, Subscriptions, Viewers, Impression, engagement, etc.
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Develop & Adhere content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic : Basic University Degree in Journalism/Mass
- Professional: Diploma in Journalism
- Experience : 3 years working experience in a busy newsroom NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
LEGAL OFFICER (1 POST)
To give sound legal advice and services as well as a supporting role in all sections of the department to ensure quality and cost effective services for the Company
- Draft, interpret, advice on, review and Mwananchi performance contracts/ agreements by or with the Company.
- Advise the Company on legal and regulatory matters.
- Liaise with the regulators to ensure compliance with regulatory matters and with external lawyers on legal and litigation matters.
- Advise the Company on contractual and legal terms and transactions.
- Provide legal advice to employees on company related issues of a legal nature.
- Handle legal administrative matters.
- Arrange and take minutes of the department meetings and follow up on the implementation of decisions taken therein with the respective staff and prepare action reports.
- Liaise with insurance brokers/companies; follow up on claims settlement and ensure timely renewals of policies.
- Prepare and update schedules of all leases, rents, rates, company properties contracts/agreements and licenses and ensure their renewals and payments where necessary.
- Ensure that leases and tenancy agreements are renewed, updated, are paid for and running and that trading licenses are current.
- Any other duties or obligations that may be assigned by the Legal Manager from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An honours bachelor’s Degree in Law(LLB)
- Legal practice
- Must possess a legal practicing certificate
- Two years of professional experience with a minimum of one year as an Advocate in legal practice or as an in-house counsel in a busy corporate entity
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz OR firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2023
- All Applications should be in PDF format.
- Women are highly encourage to apply.
- MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.