ARU Built Environment Consulting Company Ltd. (ABECC Ltd.), is an autonomous consultancy company owned by Ardhi University. The main objectives of the Company are to coordinate, execute and enhance quality delivery of consultancy services and works in the Built Environment and other disciplines. ABECC is inviting applications from competent and qualified candidates for a Civil/Structural Consulting Engineer Post to work in the design of projects and ensure building integrity.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Consulting Civil/ Structural Engineer -1 Post
Holder of first degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or a closely related field and must be registered with
Engineers Registration Board as a Consulting Engineer with a valid Engineering Practicing License,
a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSULTING CIVIL STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
- Technical delivery of Structural Engineering Design on various types of projects assigned.
- Produced a structural system and developed Finite Element Analysis models (use of structural design software), designed and interpret design results with the aid of structural design programs for the assigned project in view of the safety and stability of the structure in accordance with the governing codes.
- Optimize designs to meet the needs of the project and clearly defend and explain approaches to a design team and to perform analyses using hand calculations if required.
- Responsible for the preparation of a structural design report.
- Furnished a full structural plan and detailed drawings according to the design results coordinated with the Architectural and mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering for authority submission and approval.
Vi. Discuss the assigned project submitted, with the authority having the jurisdiction, and addressed the comments until successfully getting the project approval and building permit.
Vii. In charge of liaison with the Clients, Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Governmental Authorities, and other related authorities for project follow-up and approval. So expect a lot of coordination meetings during this journey.
Viii. Visit sites to address design-related issues, an inspection of works carried out on-site, and monitors quality to ensure that the contractor met the standard of construction with compliance to approved drawings.
- Managed the structural supervision and implementation of the site from the start of mobilization to project turnover.
- Review and approve the subcontractor or contractor’s materials, documents, and shop drawings submittals.
Xi. A review of the proposed structural engineering changes received from the contractors and advises the Resident
Engineer of any potential issues.
Xii. Addressing requests for information (RFIs) related to structural engineering raised by the contractor about the project.
Xiii. Responsible for the submission of Progress reports or Periodical Inspection Reports for the projects involved. You may also require conducting or supporting periodic inspections if the structural inspector is not around to determine if structural works have been done in accordance with contract specifications.
XiV. To witness tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slumps, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines, and grades survey, bolt torques, and concrete coring, and can call for additional testing if necessary.
- Making instructions, project follow-up on the contractor’s tasks, and performing other structural site engineering roles as may be deemed necessary.
- SALARY SCALE:
Attractive package will be paid to the qualified candidate.
- Applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania
- Professional Certificates from Foreign Universities and other Training Institutions should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Application letters must be accompanied with the following:
- Copies of relevant academic and professional certificates;
- Three names and complete addresses of referees;
- Current CV having reliable contacts, postal address, email and phone number
- All certificates must be certified.
- A signed application letter should be written in English and addressed to
Aru Built Environment Consulting Company Ltd
University Road, Survey P. O. Box 35700,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 April 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.