Public Health Specialist at Tetra Tech
The USAID funded Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Public Health Specialist. This position will be located in the main office in Iringa.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Position Description/Summary: Under the supervision of the Sanitation and Hygiene Marketing Team Leader, the Public Health Specialist will lead MUM technical team in designing and technical support to LGAs and WSSAs to ensure compliance to the public health guidelines and minimum standards, operation, and maintenance guidelines, and health, occupational and environmental safety measures at every stage of the sanitation service chain (capture, containment, collection, transportation, treatment, disposal or re-use) and water supply infrastructure and service delivery. This is a full-time position.
* Provide public health leadership and ensure MUM interventions across SOs adheres to the public health guidelines and minimum standards.
* Collaborate with MBDS, ESS and SBCCS to ensure the enforcement of Tanzania Public Health Guideline and Regulations features in design and implementation of activities.
* Provide technical support to LGAs, WSSAs and Sanitation Enterprises to ensure compliance to the public health guidelines and minimum standards in the delivery of water supply, sanitation, and hygiene services.
* Support MUM sub-contractors in developing City Wide Inclusive Sanitation Plans.
* Support SO3 Sub-Contractors or Consultants under STTAs and other service providers assigned with different tasks by Tetra Tech.
* Work closely and in collaboration with other SOs staff members for effective implementation of activities.
* Any other duties as shall be assigned to you by your immediate and/ or next supervisor/s.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public Health or related field of study.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 years in relevant field or 8 years’ experience of relevant professional experience.
* Previous Public Health experience in an international donor program setting.
* Experience with international donors such as USAID strongly preferred.
* Relevant technical background in Tanzania health sector and experience conducting public health research and analysis, particularly in the health and/ or WASH sector.
* Familiarity with the key WASH and socio-economic landscape of Tanzania.
* Computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc).
* Demonstrated experience overseeing teams across multiple public health/WASH focuses, ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities.
* Public health (e.g., environmental health, water, sanitation, and hygiene) management and administration.
* National (Tanzania) and local policy governing public health programs and other regulatory requirements.
* Principles of government organization, public health in Local Government Authorities, Quality assurance as it applies to public health and WASH programs/services.
* Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
* Knowledge and experience within Public Health, WASH, Tanzania Marketing and Business Development, Social and Behavior Change Communication, and ongoing Strategies as guided by the Tanzania Policies