Precision Air Services Plc is a private Tanzanian airline which operates domestics and regional routes in East Africa and nearby regions. It has codeshares and partnerships with its partner airlines for many international destinations.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
To keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the below position.
POSITION: Internal Auditor – Information Systems & Operational Audits (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: Chief Internal Auditor
DUTY STATION: Dar es Salaam
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT
Adopt systematic and disciplined audit approaches to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control, and governance processes.
Advice on and support initiatives within Internal Audit to ensure the department keeps up with the business environment to add value.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIESS
- Designing the auditing process in liaison with the Chief Internal Auditor using the approved standards, policies, regulations, and Airline goals.
- Participate in preparing detailed risk-based audit programs to analyze Airline risk areas and/or other processes dependent on such determined risk areas.
- Conduct audit activities to ensure reliability and integrity of information and effective use of company resources and compliance with contracts, standards, policies.
- Ensure that clear audit trails are established and tested in all audited areas.
- Carry out internal audits within the Airline to mitigate risks in all operational areas environment and ensure optimal use of company resources.
- Communicate emerging technology changes and challenges and support the audit team to effectively adopt and adapt to the changes.
- Continuously update the department to ensure increased awareness of Operational risks and opportunities.
- Review and evaluate disaster recovery/ business continuity plans.
- Review, evaluate and test application controls and make recommendations to enhance their effectiveness.
- Ensure efficient extraction and analysis of data using available CAATs to improve audits’ coverage.
- Review audit planning papers to ensure adequate coverage of risks/opportunities.
- Follow up audit recommendations to ensure timely implementation.
- Preparation of focused and value-adding reports on organization risks and opportunities.
- Carrying out operational audits and any other tasks as assigned.
Timely accomplishment of the audit process which are compliance with Airline policies and procedures and other regulatory bodies; Planning; Studying, Testing and Evaluating Controls; Reporting & Follow Up.
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or Business-IT related field.
- A CPA, CISA Certification is desirable.
- CIA will be an added advantage.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in auditing and responsibilities specified.
- Relevant experience with excellent risk analysis skills.
- Integrity, good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with audit tools will be advantageous.
Not later than 31st March 2023
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please email your Cover Letter, CV and evidence of relevant certifications to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam