MIS Consultant at Idmibok International
The consultant is expected to propose a plausible approach for undertaking this assignment, covering the maintenance of all current malaria information systems (Coconut system, EDS application and Malaria dashboard) that are maintained by ZAMEP/ZMOH during implementation of the enhanced system.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
S/he will also determine the gaps of the existing systems functionalities then recommend, design/customize an improved surveillance system with all required functionalities, subsequently linking and integrating with a proposed system notification modules, secured migration of existing data and link to the existing malaria dashboard portal, modifying the existing and proposed systems metadata (e.g., data elements, indicators, validation rules) to align with the malaria cases notification requirements, support and maintenance after the development of the system, document system architecture, user manual, training guides and capacitate system users and administrators.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- The consultant should review the architecture of the information system, develop a service and maintenance plan, and implement the plan for a duration of 12 months as it fits the systems.
- Perform a detailed review of the Coconut malaria surveillance system, (epidemiological and entomological), ZMOH-eIDSR, HMIS-DHIS2 and other data collection systems such as the electronic medical records (eMR) current business models fitting the proposed task. Review should include system documents i.e. SoPs, data flows, user manuals, reporting tools, evaluation reports etc.
- Identify features and functionalities that are currently present in Coconut, HMIS-DHIS2, ZMOH-eIDSR and other data collection systems and recommend what needs to be improved or developed and integrated.
- Develop and share a written plan (Recommendations) for the development/upgrade/improvement and integration of a Coconut malaria surveillance system or a new system into a proposed system which is specific to the needs of ZMOH and ZAMEP.
- The consultant will work with the ZAMEP, ZMOH-HMIS, ZMOH-ICT Unit and DHIBITI MALARIA as focal points. Issues to determine include:
- What functional and non-functional requirements are necessary?
- What electronic tools are required? Any configuration of the existing tools required?
- What are the critical processes which can produce the required information products from surveillance systems (epidemiological and entomological)?
- What data and metadata standards will be employed, (epidemiological and entomological)?
- What procedures will be used to ensure data quality (accuracy, integrity, timeliness and completeness)?
- How will data storage and preservation be handled with adherence to ZMOH guidelines?
- How will data security management (access, erasure, security, privacy) be ensured?
- What procedures will be used to process, upload, transfer, and share data?
- How will the system be rolled out (users’ training)?
- A major portion of the data is currently in the Coconut system that is still in use. The consultant will develop and share data migration plan from Coconut to upgraded system and integrate with the proposed system and existing HMIS-DHIS2 through an interoperability layer.
- The consultant will provide support and maintenance of the Coconut system to ZAMEP while upgrading/developing components in the enhanced system and a written plan for migration and securing of the existing data.
- Develop sustainability plan including initial and ongoing costs components of the system, maintenance aspect and responsibility of ZMOH ICT and ZAMEP in running the upgraded system.
- Advanced degree (Masters Level) in a relevant field (Computer Science, Data/Information Management, Advanced Statistical Analysis, Information Technology, and Software Engineering).
- Demonstrated and proven technical lead with at least 7 years’ experience related to software development, software design, DHIS2 platform, data management/database development, and archiving, including the use of web-enabled platforms and common statistical analysis tools.
- At least 5 years’ experience in surveillance monitoring and evaluation systems design.
- Prior experience with ministry of health data sets, data management procedures, systems development, support, and maintenance is highly desirable.
- Competent knowledge/practice of Health Information Systems in health service delivery at community and facility levels.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in both Swahili and English.
- Prior experience working with ZAMEP or ZMOH-HMIS-ICT Unit is an added advantage.
- The consultant should be based in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- The Consultant should exercise problem-solving skills whenever confounded by an intellectual puzzle during the system development process.
- Creativity and ability to apply innovative thinking and problem-solving.
- The Consultant should possess critical thinking skills when troubleshooting issues with the software, hardware, networks, and databases.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternatives without bias.
- Willingness and ability to be flexible and to respond to changing priorities and deadlines.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and daily rate in USD to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “MIS Consultant” as the subject of the email.