Human Resources Director at Pact Tanzania
Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance and civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance and more.
Pact Tanzania is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, energetic individual to fill the following vacant position for the ACHIEVE Tanzania Project with details below:
|Position||Human Resources Director – Pact Tanzania – Head Office (Dar es Salaam) (1 position)|
|Project||ACHIEVE Tanzania Project|
|Reporting To||Country Director, Pact Tanzania / Project Director – ACHIEVE Tanzania project|
|Direct Report||Human Resources Officer|
|Contract Duration||30th September 2023 (Renewable)|
Take full accountability for the professional management and maintenance of the Human Resource Department and to provide
leadership and supervisory support to the department. This position will deliver both operational execution and strategic vision
for the department in support of the Pact Tanzania Country Office and its existing project.
These functions include providing leadership for the review/redesign of systems, policies, and procedures and with special
emphasis on nurturing and managing key relationships across the organization and ensuring that a fully operational team is in place.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Leadership & Partnering
- Provide leadership and vision to the Pact Tanzania Human Resource team.
- Deliver operational execution and serve as a strategic business partner to the Country Director, the Chiefs of Party/Project Directors, other Pact Tanzania Senior staff, and line managers.
- Provide technical input in the Pact Tanzania Country Office strategy development process and ensure that the Human Resource (HR) department’s annual performance goals are in alignment with the Pact Tanzania Country Office Strategy and Plan.
- Keep abreast with strategic Human Resource issues in the Pact Global office and provide strategic input into the development of any Global Human Resources Initiatives for the Country Offices.
- Keep abreast and updated with changes in the Tanzania labor laws and legislations and provide technical guidance to all stakeholders on issues and changes in statutory requirements for management decision-making in the Pact Tanzania Country Office.
- Ensure the coordination of an organizational-wide process of assessing and maintaining high levels of employee engagement including coordinating and monitoring the implementation of staff engagement action plans.
- Develop and update Human Resource policies and procedures that meet the needs of the Pact Tanzania Country Office: Policies are expected to comply with the appropriate Tanzania local labor environment, contextualized to local culture, and should also meet the employment standards and guidelines established by Pact.
- Facilitate staff grievance management initiatives through the creation of appropriate policies, procedures, structures, and staff awareness.
- Talent Management & Retention
- Lead recruitment initiatives through developing workforce planning, appropriate recruitment tools, and facilitating interviews and staff orientation.
- Ensure that appropriate staffing levels for all Pact Tanzania projects prior to the commencement of the grant.
- Design staff development strategies and processes to ensure the support of line managers.
- Lead the development and implementation of Pact Tanzania staff succession planning and talent development initiatives.
- Performance And Compensation Reward Management
- Lead and provide oversight for the implementation of performance management. Develop tools to help line managers understand and implement performance management.
- Facilitate training of staff on performance management (INSPIRE, other approaches as identified).
- Lead and provide technical oversight for the development /design of competitive compensation systems through job grading and salary surveys.
- Ensure that the Pact Tanzania Country Office compensation infrastructure is aligned with Pact’s Rewards Philosophy.
- Develop a Pact Tanzania Country office compensation and benefits strategy (including health benefits) that attracts, motivates, drives performance, and recognizes top talent.
- Provide oversight for the establishment/periodic review of the local salary scale and the ranges for each grade.
- Provide strategic planning for the movement of staff to appropriate positioning of salary ranges.
- Review the preparation of the monthly payroll by the HR Officer before submission for approval to the Country Director.
- Change Management
- Provide leadership on change management initiatives to ensure cohesiveness in the Country Office during change periods.
- Provide technical leadership in the embedding of the desired organizational cultures.
- Provide leadership on the development of internal communication systems to enhance staff communication. Create awareness, necessary forums, and tools to enhance communication initiatives.
- Networking And Public Relations Building
- Establish strategic networks with key International NGOs in Tanzania and other supporting agencies at the national and international levels to keep updated with changes in the external environment of the labor market in Tanzania.
- Carry out benchmarks with other INGOs to identify best practices.
- Develop a strategic network with Pact Global Human Resource and other Pact Country Offices Human Resources personnel.
- All other duties as assigned by the Pact Tanzania Country Director.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in organizational development, Human Resource Management, or related field.
- Experience: At least 5-10 years of organizational development experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in development programs with a demonstrated understanding of the workings of the INGOs world.
- Proven experience in operational facilitation with broad-based experience in the human resource field is highly desirable.
- A proven record of successfully leading a team of professionals is required.
- High proficiency in English & Swahili, verbal and written.
- HR Certification from a recognized HR Certification Institute.
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application online (through Email: email@example.com identifying the position you are applying for in the subject line). Only the applications sent online will be reviewed.
The closing date for applications is on 31st March 2023.
Qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.