Online & Web Reporter at Mwananchi Communications Limited (MCL) February, 2023
Mwananchi Communications Limited (MCL), a subsidiary of Nation Media Group and publisher of Mwananchi, The Citizen, Mwanaspoti, Mwananchi Digital and various other digital platforms is looking for a motivated and highly experienced individual to fill the position of:
Online & Web Reporter – (1 Post)
This role requires an exceptional journalist with experience generating original digital reporting. You will develop multiple stories for MCL’s digital platforms including websites, social, audio, video 8 SMS channels to ensure our audiences receive accurate, up-to-date news and information every day. You are an excellent writer and/or producer with a keen eye, obsessed with news, on top of what is happening, and you strive to break important stories first. You embrace technology, live for your audiences and are comfortable working with new content formats and platforms.
- Monitor multiple news feeds on television, radio, blogs, popular media websites and social for breaking stories, and verify leads with field reporters 8 editors.
- Liaise with news desks to identify 8 develop breaking stories for mwananchi.co.tz (and any other MCL websites) and social media channels quickly and accurately.
- For breaking stories, write and publish short articles, with visuals and videos on MCL websites ((mwananchi.co.tz, thecitizen.co.tz) within 20 minutes of initial bulletin.
- Develop 8 execute a personalized content plan to generate unique, exclusive long-form news, features and special reports for MCL digital platforms.
- Vet sources and liaise with Web Editor, Mwananchi and the Managing Editor-Online 8 New
- Content to ensure your reporting is credible and error-free.
- Use audience data to adjust your storytelling as needed to ensure your stories are viewed, listened to or read the most by MCL’s multiple audiences.
- Retrieve, compile, edit and upload articles and relevant photos to MCL websites (mwananchi. co.tz, thecitizen.co.tz) on a daily basis as assigned by your manager.
- Increase audience engagement by pushing content to current social platforms (WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and new channels (TikTok, Clubhouse).
- Champion the use of videos, social audio/podcasts and interactive photography across MCL websites 8 social channels, ensuring content is of exceptional, publishable quality.
- Ensure the presentation of content on our websites is in line with Mwananchi Communication Limited’s house style and editorial policy.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by your manager.
Minimum Qualifications 8 Experience:
Academic: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism/Mass Communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
Experience: 1-3 years working experience, preferably in a newsroom or media environment in progressively responsible editorial or content production roles.
Technical: Expertise producing original digital reporting for web and mobile-first audiences using engaging, interactive multi-media formats (text, video, photography, visualizations). Extras: Video editing 8 sharing, social audio, mobile journalism, and familiarity with audience 8 data analytics platforms would all be an added advantage.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online via our career portal https://careers.mcl.co.tz OR firstname.lastname@example.org before February 20, 2023.