Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Reports to: Finance Director
Location: Mbweni – Zanzibar
Contract Duration: 1 Year Contract
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office (GNTZ-ZAO) is going to implement the KOICA project mentioned above, in order to provide better teaching and learning in secondary schools through learner-centered pedagogy in classrooms, strengthen teacher support services, improve learning environments, and conduct greater community engagement through school-based monitoring in Zanzibar. Therefore, GNTZ-ZAO would like to invite a talented and experienced person who can work together with us in a passionate way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Budget Administration request and Bank Payment Voucher
- Prepare Final Spending Summary for All Approved Administration Bank Payments Voucher and Printing and Downloaded Approved FSS documents through the Docs wave.
- Prepare and submit payroll and related statutory expenditure
- Ensuring effective control over inventory and office supplies Following up monthly time sheets (attendance) for all staff.
- Managing and Control Conference room
- Maintains the register of incoming mail and the dispatch registration book. Receives mail and packages and distributes them among staff member
- Develop vehicle/equipment usage logs and ensure such logs are complete, up-to-date, and submitted to the supervisor.
- Any other related duty may be assigned.
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or similar.
- Minimum of 1+ year relevant work experience Practical experience with accounting software (such as QuickBooks), spreadsheets (such as MS Excel), and databases (such as MS Access).
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new software and processes.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet all deadlines.
- Exceptional time, task, and resource management skills.
- Ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions.
- Maintaining Integrity and Confidentiality of records and Information all the time.
- Good motivational organizational skills.
- A team player, flexible, quick-thinking and able to work well under pressure.
- Working experiences in Zanzibar are highly considered.
- All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 28th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please include 3 referee contact addresses in your CV.
- All applications should be addressed to the Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.