The U.S. Embassy is seeking for an individual for the position of Chef for a senior level diplomat’s residence.
OPEN TO: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS. MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
OPENING DATE: January 11, 2023
CLOSING DATE: January 18, 2023
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 45 hours/week
SALARY: Negotiable based on experience
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Incumbent will be responsible for preparing meals and to perform below mentioned duties.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Major duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Grocery Shopping
- Menu Planning
- Cooking for Family and Events
- Clean-up of Kitchen and Dining Space
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the employers or residence manager.
- Proper food safety (including vegetables and fruit washing) and kitchen hygiene and sanitation procedures maintained.
- Work Experience: At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in hotel, restaurant, or as residential chef.
- Education: Should have completed secondary school or equivalent. Diploma from a culinary school and Food safety training certification will be an advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality in all matters both business and personal.
- Dedication to responsibilities, strong ability to prioritize and multi-task; and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of a variety of dietary lifestyles and restrictions.
- Ability to cook different types of cuisines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with the employer and other residence staff members.
- Mid-level spoken and written English and Kiswahili required.
- A valid Tanzanian driver’s license and driving experience would be advantageous.
Interested candidates for this position must submit a Curriculum Vitae, Application Letter, Certificates, etc.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted