Job Location :
- Manage the Agri Retail Unit at the Head Office and Zones.
- Provide leadership in implementing strategic goals on behalf of the bank as well as maintain a highly attractive and motivating working environment to the unit that will increase excellent agribusiness services to Retail clients that in turn reflects on profitability and growth.
- Work together with Head Agri Advisory in formulating Agri Retail department strategy and subsequently grow both of Agri Assets & Liabilities
- Ensure Agri Retail department adhere to performance management calendar including objective setting and periodic quarterly reviews as well as setting measures to enhance performance.
- With the help of Head Advisory identify opportunities within the agricultural industry value chain for growth opportunities, cross selling and new innovative solutions.
- Provide clear direction to team members on the strategic plan and key focus areas and ensure their understanding and buy-in, Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity
- Prepare budgets for growth of Agribusiness Retail in line with banks targets.
- Deliver all commercial activities of Agri retail business including timely execution of loan applications, approvals, and disbursements according to agriculture calendar.
- Through monitoring of and co-ordination with Zonal Managers, ensure Agri retail targets are achieved as per approved budget and that resources are allocated as per Agri coverage model and subsequently ensure performance and profitability is achieved.
- Coordinate and consolidate all Agri retail loan report requirements of third parties i.e., guarantors, partners, etc., on a timely basis
- Team up with Business, Advisory and Product Development teams to structure and rollout new Agri-products.
- Prepare budgets for growth of Agribusiness Retail unit and coordinate budget objectives to ensure targets are achieved.
- Supervise the preparation of MIS reports for Agribusiness Retail Unit and advice on anomalies observed and suggest solutions to rectify.
- Coordinate and consolidate timely all Agribusiness Retail reports requirement to third parties i.e., guarantors, partners, etc. according to agreed terms and conditions.
- Review credit appraisals from Senior Relationship Managers and Relationship Managers to provide technical advice and way forward to the Credit Committee.
- Present and defend credit applications submitted at Credit and Board Credit Committees.
- Manage relationships with business partners such as the Government, guarantors, donors, and various solution providers for enhancing financial inclusion to smallholder farmers and agriculture value chain players.
- Collaborate with other business departments/units to ensure seamless value chain delivery of agricultural solutions.
- Coordinate all agribusiness retail activities in the bank, monitor and advise the Management on the best option to improve Agribusiness Retail revenue.
- Supervise the preparation of MIS reports for Agribusiness Retail Unit and advice on anomalities observed and suggest solutions to rectify.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of Agribusiness Value Chains.
- Sound Credit knowledge.
- Good knowledge of banks products and services.
- Knowledge of Agribusiness and government policies related to agricultural activities.
- Business environment awareness.
- Knowledge and awareness of BOT regulations, banks policies and procedures.
- Banks agribusiness products.
- Risk Management skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Teamwork/Collaboration with other business Departments/units to ensure seamless value chain delivery of Agricultural solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Agro-Economics or any other related field
- Minimum 5 years of having worked in Agribusiness sector
- Minimum 4 years of credit appraisals
- Minimum of 5 years in a Managerial position
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job closing date : 13-Jan-2023