The incumbent will be responsible for looking after Financial Management, Planning and Budgeting functions of the the Aga Khan University — Tanzania (AKUTZ). This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Financial Management & Control Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices.
- Ensure that University is fully compliant with tax law, financial law and standards in Tanzania.
- Ensuring all liabilities and assets are recorded accurately
- Forecasting cash flow projections and monitoring this into, the book of accounts.. . against the daily cash positions.
- Monitoring the accruals, pre-payments, and creditors’
- Analysing the variances and generating reports on findings and recommendations.
- Supervise payments in all currencies made to suppliers and staff ensuring complete compliance with the institutional policy and legal requirements.
- Monitor and manage fixed assets, inventory, treasury functions and inter-entity transactions.
- Overall responsibility of students’ accounting functions, including proper recording in general ledger and correspondence with parents, granting agencies and students for timely payment of fees due.
- Supervise monthly payroll for timely payment to staff, ensure all deductions for loans and advances arc made, statutory deductions arc done properly and paid in time to the statutory bodies
- File VAT returns, duty and other exemptions with relevant authorities on daily basis and keep complete track to ensure timely collection and distribution to vendors.
- Supervise timely and accurate closing of monthly/annual accounts and supervise grant audits.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors for annual and periodic audits.
- Preparation of Financial statements as per International Accounting Standards and other management tcmplates/rc- ports.
- Planning, budgeting and reporting
- Prepare annual budgets and 5 years/15 years rolling budgets for all AKUTZ entities in consultation with Entity Heads.
- Prepare feasibility/costing studies required for services/ programmes.
- Prepare grant budgets in consultation with project leads / entity heads.
- Ensure financial compliance with granting agencies’ policies & procedures and prepare monthly/annual grant reports.
- Construction Projects and Accounting
- Work with Project Director to develop annual budgets of construction projects.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports and ensure accuracy of financial information shared through ERP system.
- Manage cash flow and working capital requirement of the project.
- Oversing payments and accruals of various construction activities and record them in financial system as per the best practices.
- Analytical review of monthly budget variance report of construction projects.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Accountant – ACCA, CPA (T), ACA, ACMA, CIMA;
- Masters of Commerce degree or equivalent;
- 5+ years of experience in a large organization (100+ employees) with exposure to financial planning, reporting, analysis, construction and grant budgets and day to day accounting functions. Having supervisory skills/experience of managing a team of 5-10 people will be a definite advantage. •Prior experience in either University or an Academic setup will be added advantage •Strong command over MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent people management skills
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and IAS and their application.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria for this position, please email your application with updated resume/CV and a cover letter addressed to the Global Director Talent Acquisition, Human resources at email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting application is Wednesday 07th December, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.