Commercial Director- MTMSL at Tigo
The Commercial Director for MTMSL is responsible for all Commercial Business Unit performance, reporting to the Chief Officer for MTMSL. The Commercial Director is responsible for the management of all resources in the respective unit as well as planning and execution of the company’s business strategy to generate revenue and lead to sustainable growth.
The position will also be responsible to provide deep knowledge and industry expertise, thought leadership and consultative insights to design, develop and implement the strategic plan for all products and services under his/her portfolio that contribute to meet MTMSL financial, consumer experience and growth goals.
The scope of the role extends to Mobile Money Services solutions, distribution channels, marketing and communication including customer Value Management.
WE LEAD AND CONTRIBUTE.
By connecting, by owning, by delivering, by change and by vision. We live our values of trust, Passion, simplicity, integrity, and innovation.
- Ensures that the team is equipped with adequate and appropriate resources for the execution of the strategy.
- Takes an active role in the skills development of members of the team and that of the wider organization.
- Creates succession plans for all critical positions.
- Maintains and strengthens the short and long-term viability of the business in terms of key business performance metrics.
- Exemplifies Axian/ Tigo Pesa culture and values and instills these in the team.
- Ensures continuous, clear and precise communication between the Commercial and other departments.
- Provides tactical guidance to the team and ensures that staff have clear roles and are executing to an excellent standard.
- Recruits, trains/ develops, mentors and retains the best resources and endorse the best talent for key positions in the organization.
- Provides clear strategic direction to the team and motivates them to achieve targets.
- Develops a robust plan to optimize the development of the Commercial product portfolio especially services for the future.
- Contributes towards the development of the strategic plan for MTMSL.
- Monitors the implementation of strategic initiatives and report on their status regularly.
- Monitors product performance results and trends and undertakes corrective actions where required.
- Identifies and communicates key factors impacting short- and medium-term results and develops tactical plans to maintain or improve performance.
- Works with the Regional Commercial team to align on key priorities for the business and for the group overall.
- Oversees execution of product roadmap that responds to customer needs in the market.
- Ensures execution of relevant and timely marketing campaigns and branding in collaboration with the Head of
- Marketing that adheres to the Global Brand Principles.
- Ensures an active Product Innovation process is maintained to deliver products and services that promote Tigo Pesa competitiveness in the market.
- Develops products that promote superior customer experience and enhances the value perspective of customers and the overall growth of the business.
- Ensure close collaboration with the Consumer Understanding team to understand drivers of product adoption and performance, customer segmentation for targeted product development and other market related drivers.
- Stimulate innovation and consumer focus throughout the operations.
- Design, validate and authorize all the components of the category performance, such as all product and services, promotions feasibility and plans, corporate and government relationships, product development and GTM roadmap, CAPEX and others.
- Manages and monitors all operational aspects of the business unit.
- Ensures accurate documentation of all policies and processes and optimizes the efficiency of these processes.
- Collaborates with other business units to ensure effective customer support with effective escalations to Business and Product Owners.
- Promote awareness and ensure collaboration between departments in the development of products and processes.
- Optimizes CAPEX returns to protect and increase the market position.
- Optimizes gross margin by proactively monitoring and managing products to maximize profitability.
- Comprehensively understands all costs and revenue levers of the business unit and instill the same to the team.
- Develops and administers the annual budget and five-year plan continuously.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-10 years of extensive managerial experience in MNCs, Fintechs, Financial services, technology related companies.
- Proven track of success in managing commercial units.
- Experience in managing and liaising cross-functional with teams in different regions/countries.
- Understanding of the mobile money and fintech landscape.
- Capable of managing complicated legal agreements.
- Capable of delicately managing strategic partnerships with big entities whilst maximizing Tigo Pesa’s interests and profitability.
- Preferably an MBA or master’s degree.
- Fluency in English Language. French and Kiswahili language is a plus.
- Strong leadership and engagement skills, as part of a high-level entrepreneurial team.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures and expertise
- The ability to actively make prompt decisions, whilst seeking positive results that are in the interest of the business.
- Excellent verbal skills in order to manage different types of audiences
- Change maker/manager.
- Ability to engage in effective and persuasive negotiations and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage complex Decision-Making Unit (DMUs) and related entities.
- Strong communication skills whilst being capable of modifying his / her messages to fit different levels in the organization and across different audiences
- Ability to achieve results through others, rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.