Education and Research
· Dar es Salaam, Dar es Salaam
POSITION: Neurodiversity Consultant
REPORTS TO: Disability & Inclusion Specialist.
LOCATION: Remote & Tanzania
UBONGO is Africa's leading producer of kids' edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives.
This is a great time to join an organisation that’s rapidly growing across the continent, and work with a creative and impact-driven team committed to reaching as many families in Africa with life-changing edutainment.
We’re looking for a Neurodiversity Consultant to advise the organisation on how our content can be more inclusive. This would involve conducting effective collaborative research and co-creation with our pan-African audience. You’ll work closely with our Head of Education, our Disability and Inclusion Specialist and our Education and Research Supervisor, to incorporate what we learn through our research and co-creation into our content.
To know about this job through video click here
Candidates who are neurodivergent themselves (e.g. autism/ADHD) with either or both professional and lived experience are highly encouraged to apply for this position
Working at Ubongo will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
- To advise throughout the production process, support inclusive co-creation and help with recruiting neurodivergent talent (voice actors)
- Identify and reach out to partners for research and user testing
- Conduct inclusive and playful user tests and co-creation sessions with kids or other stakeholders.
- Contribute to development of materials for user-testing
- User testing our content at all stages of pre production, production and post-productio
Research, user test and co-creation of Ubongo’s content
- Research, document and share best practices in engaging learners with special educational needs and disabilities, especially neurodivergent learners with Autism and/or ADHD through co-creation and edutainment content
- To increase awareness, understanding and acceptance of neurodiversity in the workplace, celebrating the strengths associated with a different way of thinking as well as finding ways to address the challenges
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED:
- Exposed to working and collaborating with people who experience multiple barriers to employment and training – specifically those with neurodiverse conditions.
- A degree in Education, Early Childhood Development, Special Needs Education or a similar field.
- Lived experience applicants will be considered, even if they do not have a degree in education.
- 2 years experience working with and/or teaching neurodivergent children, which might include individuals with additional needs and disabilities including, but not limited autism & ADHD.
- Be willing to travel independently or in a team, locally and internationally, as needed
- Required adjustment (Accommodations) could be made for Neurodiversity to fit this role.
- Ability to work remotely (experience with Asana, Slack and Google Drive is a bonus)
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken
- Have experience performing surveys, focus groups or user testing
- Experience creating engaging learning resources for kids
- Lived experience of neurodivergence
How to Apply.
Please note that only online applications will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be directed to apply online, OR you can submit your application (CV) in the form of audio or video.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to online applications. THANKS!