The Enumeration Forester is reporting to the Planning Manager, KVTC
Mavimba, Ulanga Districts Morogoro Region and 4 KVTC blocks A, B, C and D in Mlimba, Ulanga and Malinyi districts, the company’s OSP program is also in this scope.Recommended:
POSITION IN THE COMPANY: Management Level (ML2).
This job description will be amended from time to time as the post requirements change
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
The enumeration forester is expected to manage/supervise KVTC’s enumeration/inventory activities in the four block and in its OSP program areas to pre-described standards. The enumeration forester is expected to supervise marking for thinning’s and thinning control on the company’s prescribed standards, in his/her role, the forester will supervise a team of up to 8 employees.
a) To supervise a team performing enumeration, stock taking on the KVTC plantation as directed by the planning manager.
b) Managing the company’s marking for thinning and thinning controls.
c) Survival count/stock count in young age 1 to 3 compartments.
d) Measurements of permanent sample plots, including reestablishment of plots in clear-felled compartments.
e) Ensure that all company’s HSE standards and international standards are met in his/her area of responsibility.
f) Daily calibration of the teams working equipment to ensure accuracy in data collection.
• Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in the field of forestry and between 2 to 5-years working experience.
• Experience using inventory data collection devices like Masser digital calliper and Vertex
• Experience using GPS devices for mapping
• Experience working with teak will be an advantage
• Experience with forest certification systems such as FSC will be an advantage
• The applicant must have a passion for forestry and the environment
• The applicant must be fluent in English, reading and writing.
• Compile and analyse data and present in report format for management is a necessity.
• Must have the ability to learn quick and work with modern equipment for example GPS devices vertex and digital calliper.
• The applicant must have basic computer literacy (MS Office).
MODE OF APPLICATION
This position entails extensive field work in remote areas with possible wildlife. Only applicants willing to work under the demanding conditions normal to this type of environment should apply.
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter and a copy of your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org