Mkulazi Holding Co. Ltd (MHCL) is a company owned by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Prisons Corporation Sole (PCS). The Company was established on 6th September 2016. The main objective of the company is to undertake production of sugar in Tanzania.
AREA SUPERVISOR POST-HARVEST 1 – Position:
He or she will be reporting to Senior Mill Cane Planter.
Description of Duties:
- Supervise all farming activities, timing and quality standards related to cane production;
- Execute and supervise farm resource and activity plans;
- Supervise farm activities and implement continuous improvement measures to ensure adherence to activity standards;
- Monitor correct use of materials and other farm inputs;
- Ensure all assets within the farm are properly maintained;
- Carryout inspections and activity assessments and submit reports to Senior Miller Cane Planter;
- Maintain discipline within the team;
- Keep daily record of farm activity data for capturing into cane production data system;
- Assist management in monitoring requirement in line with farm plan;
- Implement continuous improvement practices by monitoring work practices, and ensuring that tools and techniques are applied to deliver high quality sugar cane;
- Conduct on the job training and instruction on various farm activities;
- Report any identified risks to management;
- Monitoring and execution of farm activities by service provides to ensure compliance with standards; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the management.
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in Agriculture/Agronomy/ Horticulture or equivalent qualifications
- At least two (2) years as supervisor on post-harvest activities in commercial sugarcane production.
He or she shall be reporting to the Estate Manager.
Description of Duties:
- To design, draw various building or constructions as may be decided by the Company;
- To observe quality of construction in accordance with the contract and assist in preparation of progress reports;
- Consider and evaluate Contractor’s suggestions and recommendations, discuss with the Project Supervisor and help in making decisions where appropriate;
- Maintain accurate records of construction works at the construction site in an orderly manner in accordance with procedures;
- Review and verify application for payments submitted by the Contractor and submit recommendations on the way forward;
- Assist in reviewing the list of items to be completed or corrected which are Submitted by the contractor for issuance of a Certificate of Substantial Completion;
- Provide assistance in final inspection of the work and in reviewing the record documents to be furnished by the contractor upon completion of the work; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Architecture and must be Registered with Architecture and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (AQRB).
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience.
CANE SUPPLY SUPERVISOR HARVEST – 1 Position:
He or she will be reporting to Senior Cane Supply Officer
Description of Duties:
- Prepares and controls the estate harvesting section budget;
- Coordinates both annual and progressive monthly cane estimates from the estate;
- Prepares the estate harvesting program;
- Ensures availability of working tools, materials, protective gear etc. at all times;
- Ensures that the field to burn is accessible and no chance of fire accidents;
- Controls cane cutters transport to ensure timely deliveries to and from working sites;
- Manage and coordinate burning crew to ensure safe and effective practices;
- Manages estate cane cutter productivity and quality;
- Ensures a sufficient and steady supply of clean fresh cane to the factories;
- Ensures no cane is thrown away due to any reason;
- Prepare harvesting reports and submit to Senior Cane Supply Officer;
- Ensures that the Company cane cutters camps are well maintained;
- Conduct on the job training and instruction for cane burning and cutting activities, and identify new training needs where appropriate;
- Assists the Senior Cane supply officer controlling/ leading the firefighting gang in case of run-away fires;
- Ensure Mkulazi standard procedures for harvesting activities are observed; and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Management.
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in Agriculture/Agronomy/
- Horticulture or equivalent qualifications.
- At least six (6) months as a supervisor on cane harvesting activities.
LAND PREPARATION OFFICER -1 POSITION:
He or She will be reporting to Cultivation Engineer.
Description of Duties:
- Receives annual land preparation/replant programme required;
- Oversee bush clearing, stubble plough, deep plough, harrowing and furrowing;
- Monitor replant program;
- Assist on preparation of annual section plan and budget;
- Supervise day to day land preparation activities e.g; clearance, ploughing, levelling, ripping, harrowing, furrowing etc;
- Plan and supervise middle burst operation as requested by the farm section;
- Ensure tractor/machine log sheets and other control sheets are properly filled by machine operators;
- Monitoring and control fuel consumption Vs machineries performance;
- Prepare land preparation and middle burst operation reports and submit to Cultivation engineer;
- Ensure safety of machine, operators and other workers at work place are adhered;
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor/ management
- Diploma in mechanization or equivalent.
- Three (3) years’ experience in large agricultural production supervising land preparation activities.
He/she will be reporting to Transport/ Logistics Officer.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers;
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance;
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules;
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts;
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures;
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions;
- Collect and verify delivery instructions;
- Report defects, accidents or violations; and
- Perform any other lawful duties as will be assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Certificate of Truck Driving course from accredited training Institution preferably the National Institute of Transportation (NIT); relevant and valid driving licence;
- More than three (3) years proven work experience as a Truck Driver; Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software like application of GPS etc.
- Attractive salaries and other fringe benefits for the above vacancies will be paid in accordance to the Company’s Salary Structure and other related manuals.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below WITH THE POSITION APPLIED WRITTEN ON THE TOP OF THE ENVELOPE, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of Academic Certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. Only shortlisted and successfully interviewed candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,The deadline for submitting the application is 14th November, 2022.
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.0 BOX 1079,