HOUSE KEEPING MANAGER
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Accountable for: Housekeeping of 90-bedroom business hotel and recreational (gym and spa)
Reporting to: General Manager
The housekeeping manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the house keeping department to high standards of cleanliness, observing guidelines regarding infection control and local standards while assuring highest degree of quality and guest care is maintained at all times. Responsible for staff, scheduling, training.
- Cleaning Rooms, laundering bed linens and maintaining furnishings and other equipment in the hotel.
- Supervising room attendants and Public area staff, checking that rooms and full areas of the hotel are cleaned to a high standards
- Drawing up a shift rota for staff
- Hiring and training new employees
- Stocktaking and ordering cleaning equipment, linen and room supplies
- Checking for faults or damage and arranging repairs and routine maintenance work within the hotel
- Managing budgets and controlling costs
- Making sure staff work to health and safety rules (including COVID SOP)
- Helping room attendants clean rooms during busy times
- Able to decorate rooms (e.g. Honeymoon suites, VIP guests, etc)
- Able to follow guidelines of franchise hotels
- You might act as duty manager, in the absence of the general manager.
- Assign duties to members of staff
- Listen to customers’ complaints and ensure that the complaints are addressed efficiently and effectively
- Stand-in for any member of staff that is unavailable to carry out their duties in order to prevent any unfilled gap
- Responsible for ensuring dirty laundries are timelessly and appropriately cleaned
- Ensure efficient use of departmental resources
- Direct all housekeeping activities
- Maintain good relationship with customers and/or clients and suppliers of housekeeping items
- Maintain good relationship with managers of other units in the organization.
Basic trainingand professionalexperience:
Higher educationdegree, preferably specializedin hospitality; 2 to5 years of proven experience
- Has fluencyinthe language of thecountry aswell as English
- Sense of hospitality and service
- Dynamic and proactive
- Abilityto show foresight
- Demonstratesteamspirit and leadership
- Sense ofethicsandexemplary character
- Has discipline and iswell organized
- Team player
Reporting to: Finance Manager / Director
Organization Type: Private Sector
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Dar es Salaam
- Strong accounting and analytical skills to review and post accounting entries.
- Conversant with financial policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ensuring the collection of revenue is conducted regularly.
- Maintaining Petty cash book and Assets register of the organization
- To review all payments and ensure that are made in line with the organization’s policy and procedures
- To Ensure all the resources of the organization are adequately managed by ensuring that all Capital Expenditures and Operating Expenditures are adequately booked into books of accounts
- To prepare and maintain Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- To prepare and ensure statutory payments are made on time viz PAYE, SDL, WCF, City Service, VAT etc
- Coordinating with internal team and external auditors
- A degree in accounts of finance
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar field
- CPA or Inter CPA or Its equivalent is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in Kiswahili and English
- Package – As discussed
Hotel operations Manager.
Looking for an Operation Manger with an excellent level of commercial awareness, who can build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. Also responsible for highlighting short/medium/long-term issues to General Manger / Cluster General Manager and helping formulate solutions.
The Operations Manager is also required to assist in the preparation of the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fully responsible for all aspects of all departments.
- Support and work with all head of Departments in all aspects of running this hotel.
- Ensure the premises are in operative condition as per category of the unit to receive & serve the guests.
- Conduct regular operations team meeting with all the HOD daily / weekly to discuss routine operational matters, sales targets, GSTS feedback / RSTS feedbacks and action taken for service recovery, and also any staff issues. Minutes of the meeting to be sent to GM/RGM.
- Ensure SOP implementation in all departments and check the same during routine operational checks. Consultant /GRM guidance to be taken wherever required.
- Monitor the purchase / indent / requestions of each department, the accounts receivable (collection from debtors) and the accounts payable (payable to the vendors / suppliers etc).
- Randomly inspecting the stores (F & B / Kitchen) to check the stock in hand (quality, par stock levels, expiry etc) with the F & B Manager & Chef.
- Dealing with Suppliers / Vendors for quality products involving Purchase Manager and providing performance assessment of vendors every quarter to HO Purchase.
- Inspecting all departments for SOP implementation.
- Inspecting all department with their respective Manager’s for cleanliness, ambience, service readiness, staff grooming & hospitality culture.
- Monitor the co-ordination between all departments for smooth & efficient operations.
- Assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction and service recovery process.
- Meet all dept. heads to review & train the staff to upkeep the human capital.
- Identifying staff learning needs and assisting with development
- Providing timely and constructive feedback to all direct reports as and when required either formally or informally.
- Conduct weekly / Daily meeting with marketing people for enquiry & follow up & conversion to grow up the business.
- Monitor and maintain operation & overhead cost in order to maintain maximum revenue to the organisation.
- Be on available on call 24 hours a day to resolve any urgent problems on emergencies.
- Responsible for the overall management of the operation of the hotel.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills and qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field.
- Computer Knowledge, MS office. Experience in Property Management Software’s, Revenue Management Systems desired.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years work experience in a 3 to 5 Star Hotel as a Deputy Manager, Asst. Operations Manager or Hotel Manager or front office manager or hospitality manager.
- Excellent communication skills
Fluency in English is a must
- Kiswahili Language is a must
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge as well is important.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both the front and back of the house.
- Excellent attention to detail and anticipating guests’ needs.
Job position: Loan OfficerKey Job Responsibilities
- To create and maintain a quality loan portfolio.
- To conduct client recruitment and orientation to loan products and services.
- To make groups on all working days in a week.
- To process loan applications, and verify the client’s income-generating activities and other related activities.
- To manage loan disbursement and do follow up on loan repayments.
- Provide quality and good customer service to clients.
- Make regular contact with the clients in the field.
- To accomplish day-to-day activities as required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills
Academic Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Diploma/ Advance Diploma/ bachelor’s degree in any related subjects from a recognized institution.
- 2 years of relevant experience is required, and familiar with all related job tasks.
- Willing to work atthe field level, because the job post is a field-oriented job.
- Possess excellent character and unquestionable integrity.
- Good negotiation skills and highly determined to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Willing to relocate.
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Department: Food & Beverage
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for leading the food and beverage service staff and facilities to
include the Masaai Barista Café, Mumbai Spices, CBD Pool Bar, breakfast and conference areas.
Responsible for ensuring the highest level of guest service by overseeing all aspects of service and service
staff during operating hours, while working in a clean and safe environment, and meeting all financial goals
for sales and expenses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages service aspects in all food and beverage assigned areas and events, and acknowledges, greets and
thanks all guests
• Manages Masaai Barista Café, Mumbai Spices, CBD Pool Bar, breakfast and conference areas to ensure
proper room preparation, including set-up of tables, chairs, linens, table settings, glassware, etc.
• Confirms that all service staff are in proper uniform and adhere to the Hotel’s appearance standards
• Hires, manages and trains staff in all technical and non-technical aspects of their role including Hotel
standards of quality and service
• Creates, maintains and distributes weekly schedules for staff and communicates changes as appropriate to
• Communicates with service and kitchen staff regarding VIPS, reservations and/or special events
• Conducts pre-shift, pre-meal and/or pre-event meetings with all necessary staff
• Evaluates and supervises performance and carries out disciplinary action as needed, in accordance with the
Hotel’s policies and applicable laws
• Make rounds of all food and beverage outlets to ensure guest needs are met
• Responsible for employee relation issues and reviews incidents with Human Resource Manager
• Completes and administers employee performance appraisals
• Conducts daily beverage inventories and monthly china, glass and silverware inventories
• Opens and closes dining room(s) on a regular basis. Responsible for ensuring Hotel is secure upon departure
and that all lights, equipment, doors, etc. are turned off or locked
• Acts as the Manager on Duty (MOD) when all other management staff has departed for the evening and
supervises any remaining staff in the hotel. Works with remaining staff to complete tasks in an effective and
• Controls costs of all food and beverage outlets by assisting management, as requested, in purchasing,
maintaining effective profit and loss controls and monitoring labour costs following demand patterns, budget
and local labour laws
• Maintains accurate daily and weekly punch details for service staff and processes daily sales reports and
other reports as requested
• Maximizes food and beverage sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing
including promotions and special events and by training staff on “up–selling.”
• Protects guests by training staff in and adhering to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and
alcohol beverage control policies including confirming legal drinking age and discontinuing service to
• Maintains member and guest satisfaction by handing inquiries, concerns or comments and providing
solutions; acquiring feedback from guests and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement
service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business
• Maintain consistency of service by being aware of and prepared for all course events, large parties and
reservations that may affect food and beverage service operations
• Ensures a pleasant dining experience in all outlets by collaborating with Chefs in the creation of menus and
menu pricing as requested
• Communicates and teams well with other departments ensuring appropriate staff levels for all events and
ensuring assigned responsibilities are carried out.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
• Primary duty is management and leadership, however will be required to fill in to relieve/back-up staff
during peak periods or when short staffed
• Attends and participates in daily Leadership meetings
• Implements and supports all Hotel initiatives and programs requested by management
• Teams with other departments to ensure exemplary customer service and adherence to policies and
• Maintains knowledge of other Clubs and industry trends
Minimum Education, Experience & Other Skills:
• Four year college degree or equivalent experience required
• A minimum of 4 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry required
• A minimum of 2 years of personnel management, preferably in a hospitality/service industry required
• Experience in resolving customer issues/complaints as well as overall excellent customer service required
• Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Solid time management, organization and prioritization skills
• Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
• Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and non-verbally with others
• Ability to work with all personality types even in adverse situations
• Ability to prioritize, anticipate situations, and take quick action
• Ability to manage multiple projects and recommend/implement effective solutions
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Excellent problem solving/decision making skills
• Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s)incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add, or delete the functions of this position at any time.
If you meet the above requirements kindly share your CV and cover letter to: