Job Title : Ambulance driver
Department : Emergency Medical Services
Reports To : Senior Paramedic Officer
Date : 26th Aug, 2022
Ambulance driver Job Purpose:
Responds immediately to emergency calls to deliver medical assistance. Transports patient to nearest appropriate medical facility in ambulance. Collaborates with emergency medical technicians, emergency care assistants, and other emergency medical responders to deliver patient care. Maintains ambulance and medical equipment therein.
Ambulance driver Job Duties:
- Drives ambulance or other emergency vehicles
- Takes sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination, using knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients.
- Observe Traffic Rules and Regulation and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Driver shall observe strictly the company rules and regulation policies and directives and instruction of the Company.
- Administers firs aid as needed.
- Report facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital personnel.
- The driver shall be responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, routine check-up to include but not limited to oil, break function, water, lights and tire condition and the like.
- Assist paramedic to handle a patient.
- Cleaning and maintain ambulance
- Driving an ambulance as quickly and as safely as possible to transport patients to the hospital.
- Reporting accident facts to police officers, when necessary.
- Inspecting the ambulance before each shift, checking the fuel, oil, transmission fluid, wiper fluid, and coolant, and reporting any needed repairs.
Ambulance driver Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum secondary education with awarded certificate.
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Valid defensive certificate.
- Assessment report from recognized institution.
- Valid driving license with C, C1, C2 grade.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and reassure frightened patients.
- Good Listening skills.
- Great judgment and decision-making skills.
- Team Player & Physical Strength.
- Clean vehicle records.
The required candidate must have Defensive Driving and First Aid trainings with awarded certificate.
Minimum of 10-years’ experience working as a driver in well recognized facility Having ambulance driving experience will be added advantage
Job Title : Paramedic
Department : Emergency Medical Services
Reports To : HOD Emergency Medical Services
Date : 26th Aug 2022.
Paramedic Job Purpose:
Responds immediately to emergency calls to deliver medical assistance. Evaluates sick or injured patient’s condition and offers treatment necessary before hospital admission. Transports patient to nearest appropriate medical facility in ambulance. Collaborates with ambulance technicians, emergency medical technicians, emergency care assistants, and other emergency medical responders to deliver patient care. Maintains ambulance and medical equipment therein. Acts as senior medical professional at the scene of emergencies or accidents.
Paramedic Job Duties:
- Operates as part of ground and air rescue team with minimum additional training • Responds to requests for emergency medical assistance in ambulance with other emergency healthcare providers
- Assesses medical condition of patients at scene
- Plans and administers requisite treatment immediately, either at scene or en route to hospital
- Utilizes sophisticated medical equipment, such as defibrillators and ventilation machines, to revive and stabilize patients
- Performs urgent surgical procedures, such as intubation, as needed
- Equips injured limbs with splints when necessary
- Dresses wounds and minimizes excessive bleeding
- Administers medications using intravenous drip
- Prepares patient for safe ambulance transport using backboards, gurneys, stretchers, and other restraints
- Communicates and documents patients’ conditions to other members of medical crew, such as emergency doctors and nurses, upon arrival at medical facility
- Cleans and restocks ambulance equipment after responding to call
- Shall be assigned any other duties by his supervisor
Paramedic Job Skills and Qualifications:
Should be highly flexible to work in remote site operations with minimum supervision for several months, Works Well under Pressure, High Stress Tolerance, Quick Thinker, Strong Troubleshooting and Analytical Skills, Compassion, Good Listening Skills, Excellent Verbal Communication Skills, Team Player, Physical Fitness and Strength, Familiar with Medical Technology, Sound Judgment and Decision-Making.
Work requires Bachelor degree in Nursing/ Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a government recognized traininginstitute must have valid practicing license
The required candidate must have BLS, ACLS, and ITLS trainings, any other Emergency trainings will be an added advantage to the position.
Minimum of 10-years experience working as Paramedic in well recognized facility
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV for consideration to email@example.com before 30th September 2022.