Job Overview Research Scientist
The Ifakara Health Institute is a health research organization with offices in Ifakara, Dar es Salaam, Ikwiriri, Bagamoyo, and Mtwara, Tanzania.
The Research Scientist will work at the CDCI to evaluate, diagnose, treat and manage patients with HIV and/or tuberculosis.
Position: Research Scientist (1 post)
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Ifakara
Apply By: August 12th 2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat PLHIV and/or Tuberculosis according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and TB, Standard Treatment Guidelines, and Local guidelines.
- Supervise and train younger medical doctors and clinical officers in diagnosis and management of patients with HIV and/or tuberculosis.
- Diagnose and treat opportunistic infections (OI) and/or referral to appropriate departments.
- Maintain proper patient documentation, filling of case report forms (CRF) including CTC 1/2.
- Consultation and ward rounds to PLHIV admitted to different departments at SFRH.
- Working in full agreement with the job descriptions; CDCI, Hospital, and government (MOH) regulations.
- Provide health education and adherence counseling to PLHIV and clients attending CDCI.
- Attend all compulsory meetings such as every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at CDCI and Friday at 07.30 – 9.00 at SFRH clinical hall.
- Attend scientific meetings at Ifakara Health Institute (IHI).
- Contribution in planning, coordination, and performance of research activities/studies organized by IHI and other partners.
- Perform any additional task assigned by the PL and/or site director of IHI and/or director of SFDRH when necessary.
Qualification and Experience
Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine (MMED) with a certificate of MMED.
Certificate of internship.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in both Swahili and English.
- Interest in TB/HIV.
- High motivation for research activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Interested in training of younger staff.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Result oriented.
- Professional attitude to work and clear work ethics.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday August 12th, 2022. All e-mail application subject lines should include: RESEARCH SCIENTIST – CDCI. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania