The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania plans to conduct a Population and Housing Census by August 2022. The Ministry of Finance and Planning through the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Statistician of Zanzibar (OCGS), is in the process of preparing to conduct the Census.
The Population and Housing Census is a national exercise conducted every 10 years where the last census to be held in the country is the one in 2012. Thus the Census 2022 will be the Sixth Census to be held in the country after the Union of Tanganyika and Zanzibar in 1964. Census others took place in 1967, 1978, 1988, 2002 and 2012.
Preparations for the Population and Housing Census are expected to take place on 23/08/2022 for all sleepers in the country on 22/08/2022 until 23/08/2022 where so far preparations have reached 80 percent.
The 2022 Population and Housing Census will be done digitally using
devices called tablets, so it will require clerks, supervisors and ICT
officers who know how to use such devices.
UPDATES Ajira Za Sensa 2022
Every Applicant of Sensa Jobs Must Correct the Part of Gender Before 19/05/2022 Deadline for both who have finished the process of applying and those who didn't...
How to Correct this Part?
1. Use your email: Username and your Password provided to Sign in
2. After Open you'll see a Red highlighted PART that alert you
3. Correct by Select your Gender (Mwanamume/Mwanamke)
4.Then Update (huisha/Update)
5. Your Done ...Sign Out
DOWNLOAD PDF FILE HERE [Tangazo]
The United Republic of Tanzania’s government intends to conduct a Population and Housing Census by August 2022. The Ministry of Finance and Planning, in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Statistician of Zanzibar (OCGS), is preparing to conduct the Census through the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
The Population and Housing Census is a national exercise held every ten years, with the most recent census held in the country in 2012. Thus, the Census of 2022 will be the country’s sixth since the Union of Tanganyika and Zanzibar in 1964. Other censuses were conducted in 1967, 1978, 1988, 2002, and 2012.
The Value of Population and Housing Counts
A population and housing census is the process of collecting, analyzing, evaluating, publishing, and disseminating demographic, economic, and social data on all people and their settlements in a country over a specific time period. In other words, a census is a special exercise designed to determine a country’s total population by age and gender, place of residence and educational status, employment status, birth status and mortality, and housing status.
These basic data can match the real needs of citizens, including special groups with special needs, such as people with disabilities, women, children, youth, and the elderly, facilitating the development of policies and development plans based on need and environment.
The Importance of the Population and Housing Census in 2022
The unique significance of the 2022 Population and Housing Census include: –
- To assist the Government to obtain basic information that will support the process of implementing the Vision for Development 2025, health and social reform, as well as the monitoring of international development agendas;
- Population information assists in district authorities in the implementation of development plans that reflect the needs of the people at the relevant levels and assist in the balance of resource allocation;
- Basic information on demographic, socio-economic status of population and housing plans at all levels;
- Allocation in calculating other indicators eg Individual GDP, GDP, Employment and Unemployment and student enrollment rate;
- Information that will enable the government to identify population growth, by distribution and other indicators, which are important for environmental management; and
- The basis of good governance and inclusive democracy. Accurate Census data is needed for the effective allocation of constituencies, adjusting administrative boundaries in local government.
Questionnaires for the Census
The 2022 census as in previous censuses will use two main types of questionnaires. A long questionnaire that will be used to interview 30% of all census sites and a short questionnaire that will be used to interview 70% of all census sites.
Other questionnaires are: –
- Institutional Questionnaire which is specifically for travelers, those staying in hotels / guesthouses, and those hospitalized; and
- Homeless Homepage Questionnaire which is specific to all people living in informal settlements, in various building councils, bridges and other areas.
Preparations for the Population and Housing Census of 2022
The population and housing census is carried out in three stages: the Pre-Census Period, the Census Period, and the Post-Census Period.
Prior to Counting People
Preparation of the Census Management and Implementation Strategy Manual and other documentation, Demarcation of Census and Map Production Areas, Material Preparation (Questionnaires and Guidelines) are all part of the pre-census period. Awareness, Experimental Census by August 29, 2021, one year before the actual Census; Create census committees; hold meetings with statistical stakeholders; make purchases, decide on the type of technology to be used, hire investigators and supervisors, distribute equipment; and prepare for the Census Assessment.
Period of the Census
The census includes the most important and significant tasks in this census exercise.
After Counting How Much Time Has Passed
Processing Census Reporting, Analysis, Preliminary Results Delivery, Dissemination of Final Results, and Promotion of Statistics Use to Employees of Ministries, Departments, and Government Institutions are all part of the post-census period.
In 2018, preparations for the 2022 population and housing census began, including the assignment of census sites, the creation of key census documents such as questionnaires, guidelines, and quality control forms, and the conduct of a pilot census.
Currently the census preparation has reached the following stages;
- Prepare a Strategy for the Management and Implementation of the Population and Housing Census for the Year 2022;
- Allocation of Areas in 5 districts of Dodoma region namely Bahi, Chamwino, Kondoa, and Chemba; and one Singida Regional District (Singida Urban);
- The work of allocating census sites is underway in Singida region in Manyoni district, Ikungi; and Dodoma region in Mpwapwa and Kongwa districts.
- Conducting one study tour in Kenya with UNFPA funding who have recently conducted a digital census and learned the use of modern technology in conducting successful censuses. The use of this technology will help to reduce the cost of conducting a census and reduce the time to issue census results.
- Prepare a draft Census Questionnaire and other important documents such as instructional guidelines, guidelines for census clerks, guidelines for census supervisors and guidelines for regional and district census coordinators.
Questions to be Asked in the 2022 Census
The 2022 Population and Housing Census has fourteen modules that will be used to collect information on people and their settlements nationwide.
The questions that will be asked will be: –
- Demographic information (age, gender, relationship, marital status, citizenship, etc.);
- Questions about disability;
- Education Information;
- Mobility questions, as well as information on Tanzanians living abroad
- Questions about ownership of national documents (NIDA IDs, Zanzibari resident, birth certificate, passport, and driver’s license)
- Economic activities
- Land tenure and ICT information
- Maternity and Mortality Reports that occurred within the household
- Maternal mortality
- State of housing and ownership of various resources
- Agricultural and livestock issues
- Social security funds.
Differences between the 2022 Census and previous Censuses: –
In the 2022 census it is expected to have new features such as;
- Allocate geographical areas of census at the district / local level and access to statistical information at the sub-district / local levels as well as having permanent boundaries at those levels;
- Use of tablets at all stages of census implementation with the aim of reducing costs;
- Additional questions that will enable access to more statistical information compared to the 2012 Census: –
- Demographic information (age at first marriage);
- Questions about disability (Headache, Spine Spine, Epilepsy / Epilepsy, Mbalanga / storiasis and Autism Spectrum Disorder);
- Mobility questions in accordance with IOM (International Organization of Migration) recommendations;
- Questions about ownership of national documents (NIDA IDs, small business IDs, Zanzibar resident, passport, and driver’s license);
- Improvements in questions of economic activity including the number of households in the informal sector;
- Land tenure and ICT information
- Housing statistics (list, ownership status and type of home)
- Agricultural and livestock issues
Population Census 2022 Tanzania
The Office expects to better organize itself using the limited resources available to complete all preparatory activities on time, including: –
The task of allocating census sites at the local and local levels, which serves as the foundation for conducting a quality census.
Census document preparation;The formation of task teams / units for the purpose of sharing responsibilities
How to get Clerks, Supervisors and ICT Officers.
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Statistician of Zanzibar (OCGS) continues to finalize the Guidelines for the employment of clerks and supervisors of the 2022 Population and Housing Census, once completed the report will be issued through agencies social media and posted on our bulletin boards in our county and local offices so that qualified individuals can be identified to apply online.
Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the positions of clerks, supervisors and ICT officers are not advertised as in social media, those who continue to advertise and ask people to apply on the networks are liars and ignored.
I urge the Honorable Councilors to announce to the people to prepare for the census on 23/08/2022 and also to prepare and apply for the vacancies when they are officially announced.
Nafasi za kazi sensa 2022 ( ajira za sensa) has not yet been announced in full information, more explanations will be added to this page so stay tuned. Tanzania is expected to conduct a population and housing census August this year. The exercise is nationwide and requires staff to run the exercise. Most of Tanzania asking about Ajira Za sensa 2022. Here is public announcement
Accurate information about the employment of Clerks and Supervisors will be announced in a special order and in accordance with the Act. For more information Ajira Za Sensa 2022 visit official website www.nbs.go.tz