The company, which trades as Britam is one of the leading insurance and Asset Management companies in Kenya. … These include life, general insurance, pension management, asset management, and property management among others. Its wide interests make it of the most active and diversified companies in the Kenyan market.
POSITION:Assistant Marketing Manager
The role holder will be responsible for the management of the marketing and brand identity in order to ensure that the brand equity and market share grows. The role holder is also responsible for coordinating all marketing initiatives. The role reports to the Country Sales Manager.
- Support and facilitate development and implementation of strategic market plans for the company.
- Oversee marketing initiatives for the company
- Develop promotion materials to assist business units in marketing activities
- Prepare the marketing budgets
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
- Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for company products
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates company products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases; and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Ensure that all brand assets are effectively managed to deliver a strong Britam brand and grow brand equity.
- Ensure that the Britam brand name, logo, colour and symbol are correctly displayed on all stationery and corporate communication materials and that all offices are appropriately branded.
- Develop a brand positioning that differentiates Britam from its competitors and provides value proposition and excellent relationship with our customers.
- Analyze and provides consumer, category, and brand information to support channel marketing and sales in category management and sales presentations.
- Monitor competitor activity on Digital, print, electronic platforms and advise business
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and Personal Scorecard.
Key Perfomance Measures
- Brand perception score
- Market share
- Percentage growth of retail customers
- Percentage growth of corporate customers
- Percentage timely completion marketing projects
Accountable to the Country Sales Manager
Work with all the departments.
Britam customers and stakeholders
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or social sciences. Masters’ Degree is an added advantage
- Professional marketing qualification e.g. CIM or equivalent
- At least 3- 4 years’ experience in marketing management.
- Experience in the marketing, corporate affairs industry will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Britam products
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 February 2022.CLICK HERE TO APPLY