Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania’s leading cellular network company. As of December 2020, Vodacom Tanzania had over 15.6 million customers and was the largest wireless telecommunications network in Tanzania.
Squad: Software Specialist (Developer)
The Developer is responsible for creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in an iterative agile cycle, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome. This role is responsible for estimating user and technical stories, designing, and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests
Competencies and Qualifications
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Agile and lean programming and development of software systems in Web scale environments
- Mobile app developer skills with ability to create, maintain and implement the source code to develop mobile apps and programs that meet the needs and requirements of the clients using the computer programming languages.
- Backlog item estimation
- Unit, integration, smoke and static code
- Analysis testing Architectural element testing e.g. APIs
- Automated testing and tools e.g. Selenium
- Software incident and problem management
- Expertise in multiple programming and markup languages, such as HTML, CSS,
- Ruby, SQL, XML, JSON, C and Python, and paradigms such as object-oriented-, even driven.
Must have knowledge of the following
- Databases i.e. MariaDB, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Vast knowledge of Operating systems such as LINUX etc
- DocuSign Envelope ID: 52EBC4A8-528F-46FB-B764-F9F3EDC001B0
- Cloud-native architectures, including public cloud PaaS / IaaS, micro-services architectures, API
- Flexibility to deal with changing projects and priorities in a short space of time
- Strong problem solving skills and ability tolearn new methods and processes
- Good understanding of the business capability / user journey, wider organizational goals, and desired product business outcomes
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- 2 -3 years relevant experience of which a minimum of one year is in programming and/or systems analysis applying agile frameworks
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, LSD, and FDD
- Experience working with multiple programming and markup languages, such as
- MicroServices and APIs
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Architecture and Design
- Software Engineering
System Admin – Infrastructure & Mpesa
The Infrastructure Operations Specialist focuses upon administration of central and/or local data centres, legacy and/or centralized infrastructure, standards and requirements and provides support for the availability of Vodafone IT applications and Data Centre activities and database environments. The Infrastructure Operations Specialist has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in internal network infrastructure, data availability and technical support for customers (internal and external) gained through extensive practical experience and works with colleagues to monitor hardware and software in datacentres, and execute event/incident, configuration, escalation, release, deployment and 3rd party database management activities. Typically reports to the Infrastructure Operations Manager. The Infrastructure Operations Specialist has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in internal network infrastructure, data availability and technical support for customers (internal and external) gained through extensive practical experience and works with the colleagues to deliver monitoring of HWandSW in datacentres, and executing event/incident, configuration, escalation, release, deployment and 3rd party database management activities. Typically reports to the Infrastructure Operations Manager.
- Completes administrative activities through the identification of business requirements and IT database needs including coordination of security, maintenance and utilisation;
- Supports the team with activities related to optimisation, performing regular system reviews and pro-active performance and resilience improvements to provide best customer experience;
- Provides direction on improvement for Vodafone Infrastructure Management practices and procedures to support the achievement of the Technology strategy;
- Monitors, reviews and resolves incidents/problems;
- Maintains solid relations with internal and external partners;
- Has a good understanding about IT/Network infrastructure across firewalls, file transfer protocols, proxy servers, data centres, cloud, virtualisation, storage and backup areas;
- Uses best practice knowledge to keep the consistency in infrastructure compliancy to Vodafone Group standards;
- Understands the theories and practices across the service performance spectrum, managing refresh and/or decommissioning programmes that improve service availability effectiveness;
- Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas.
- Maintain and Repair
- Monitor and Diagnose
- Implementation and Integration
- Incident Response
- Automation and Robotics
Manager: IFRS Reporting and Business Excellence
Role Purpose and Key responsibilities
A manager IFRS will lead a team to perform IFRS advisory, Reporting and (Hyperion Financial Management reporting) HFM loads in a timely and accurate manner, in accordance with defined operating procedures, policies, compliance and service level agreements. A culture of continuous process improvement will be essential to ensure world class operational performance. There will be a close relationship with the Vodacom group IFRS and Group reporting.
Past achievements will clearly demonstrate a capability to Manage a team in World class IFRS, reporting and Hyperion Financial Management reporting excellence. Your people, personal and operational leadership skills will be of a very high standard.
Financial Reporting and IFRS technical lead.
- Manage the implementation of a World Class Reporting function, working closely with Group IFRS and other key stakeholders to the sustain Vodafone reporting standards.
- Maintain a strong control environment, ensuring compliance to all relevant Group policies.
- Take lead in IFRS technical advisory on accounting and reporting of new products and services.
Finance Operations Center of Excellence.
- Set up processes and manage tools to capture improvement opportunities within finance operations to drive overall quality and efficiency.
- Identify opportunities to roll out digital solutions to improve overall quality and efficiency within finance operations working closely with the RPA team
- Spread a culture of continuous improvement, supported with strong communication and training program reaching the entire target population with tailor made content.
Hyperion Financial Management reporting.
- Execute monthly HFM loads and running of reports
- Produce timely reports for review that are complete and correct.
- Support budget loads
Compliance and Control
- Ensure that all Vodacom reporting compliance requirements are met; Internal Audit, External Audit, Key control questionnaires.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Elevated attention to detail and data accuracy with a heightened sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in at least one of the following: Finance, Accounting or equivalent;
- Strong IFRS and reporting skills
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience (audit, finance, accounting, banking);
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CISA, CIA or similar qualifications
- HFM and SAP practical experience.
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting – FinOps
- Financial Analysis