TANZANIA MAJI NA USAFIWA MAZINGIRA (MUM) ACTIVITY
The Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) Activity funded by USAID/Tanzania and implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for qualified candidates to fill various positions.
The purpose of Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) Activity is to expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services by 1) increasing access to sustainable water services; 2) Increasing access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; 3) Strengthening the market for sanitation products and services; and 4) Strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources.
Tetra Tech seeks experienced candidates for the following positions below:
Position: Water Resources Management Team Lead (1 Post)- Based in Iringa
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party- Technical, the Water Resource Management Team Lead will be responsible for technical implementation and expected results achievement for Strategic Objective (SO) 4, Strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources.
He/she will provide day-to-day supervision of Strategic Objective 4 team, including direct supervision of the Lakes Rukwa and Nyasa Basin Water Board Coordinators, and will carry out duties and responsibilities as the Rufiji Basin Water Board coordinator. Coordinate interventions, provide technical assistance, Coordinate and manage implementation relations with target basin water boards, water user associations, and the WRM Division at the Ministry of Water. In coordination with the DCOP- Tech, provide leadership, supervision, and direction to the S04 team and seek additional short-term technical assistance resources where necessary, to ensure high quality standards of all deliverables and work products.
Work closely with technical staff, in coordination with the management team, to ensure the integration of S04 with other activity components. Support project closeout activities, working with the COP, DCOP OPS, and home office team. Assist the management team with the preparation of work plans that define the activities to be carried out under the project, of progress reports that update the client on project implementation, and of all other major project deliverables defined in the contract. Monitor and evaluate project performance and progress against approved work plans under S04 and inform the DCOP-Tech of the results of this monitoring, including suggested corrective measures where appropriate.
Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and district levels and establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders. In consultation with the COP/DCOP Tech, represent Tetra Tech ARD at conferences, seminars, and other professional meetings related to the S04 component. Comply with Tetra Tech policy on media inquiries, consulting with the management team on response management.
- Degree in engineering, international development, business, or a related field, and a post graduate degree in a relevant field such as water resources management, or similar.
- Seven years with Masters Degree (or equivalent) or 10 years with Bachelors Degree (or equivalent.
- Demonstrated technical experience in water resources management in Tanzania, including in at least three of the following areas: integrated water resources management, river basin development and management, water resources data acquisition and management, water resources financing including payment for environmental services mechanisms, water abstraction surveys, and pro-poor approaches to water access.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing teams across multiple WASH focuses, ensuring appropriately tailored and synchronized activities.
- Experience with managing donor funded activities desired.
Admin and Finance Officer
Position: Admin and Finance Officer (1 Post) – Based in Sumbawanga
Under the responsibility of the Director of Administration & Finance, to whom he / she will report, the Administration and Finance Officer will have the following responsibilities in the MUM sub-office in Sumbawanga. The office is anticipated to host six long term staff (including the Admin Finance Officer and 2-3 drivers) and occasional visiting staff and STTA.
Office Management Roles:
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the MUM sub-office in Sumbawanga, ensuring orderliness, establish work relationships with service providers; Establish and maintain effective office information management systems including files, responsible for managing office petty cash and develop, maintain and report on and manage property inventory assigned to staff; Serve as primary liaison with office leased landlord and control of maintenance needs.
He/she will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all logistical support to the operation of the Sumbawanga office, including; organizing meetings and workshops etc.; creating and maintaining a staff travel tracker; oversee the traveling schedules and verify the authorizations required for travels process as well as maintain supporting documentation in files for all trips. Monitor and ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s Travel Policy and Procedures.
Information Management roles:
Ensure all project equipment are in excellent working condition and coordinate with the Administrative Manager in Iringa on the status of IT equipment and general computer systems in the Sumbawanga office; provides assistance to staff to enable effective communication. Ensure all staff are connected to networked computer systems; maintain information management and administration systems; including efficient use of Egnyte information sharing system as needed.
- University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Office management, information technology management or equivalent position, with University degree, or minimum 8 years without.
- Experience working in a similar position for an international organization is preferred.
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
To apply through ARD.recruitment.TZMUM@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line.
Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted about
these positions. Deadline for submission of applications is February 21,2022.