Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading health research organization in Africa, with a strong track record of developing, testing and validating innovations for health. We are driven by core strategic mandate for research, training and services. The institute’s work spans across the full research lifecycle from basic science to policy and translation.
IHI work is organized in three research departments, six research units and seven technical units. The research departments are: Environmental Health & Ecological Sciences, Interventions & Clinical Trials, and Health Systems, Impact Evaluation & Policy. We have three major offices in Tanzania (Ifakara, Bagamoyo & Dar es Salaam).
Clinical Officer (Intern 2 post)
Clinical Officer at Clinical Trial Facility in Ebola Vaccine Trial (EBL08).
IHI is looking for a qualified and experienced individual to take the position of Clinical Officer in the EBL08 project. The Officer will;
- Treat patients according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management, Standard Treatment Guidelines, and Local guidelines
- To attend internal and external meetings conducted at the facility during study conduct.
- To attend two Departmental Meetings in each financial year.
- To participate in the development of study standard operating procedure and study documents.
- To recruit, follow up as study scheduled as specified by each protocol and SOPs.
- To ensure that protocol standard operating procedures and all related study documents are well communicated and duly followed by all personnel involved in the trial.
- To ensure that all ethical concerns in the protocols approved by the review board are duly followed in the trial.
- Supervise study procedure and ensure ring that is all done well as per approved protocol ICH Guidelines and relevant local regulation (National Institute of Medical Research and Tanzania Food and Drug Authority).
- To work in professional and ethical manner accountability and integrity.
- To attend community sensitization meetings to recruit study volunteers.
- To write, present and publish research papers.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by the project leader.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
Experience working on clinical trials research
Important Dates and More
The deadline for receiving applications is 17:00hrs on 28/01/2022.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with
their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone
numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 on 14/12/2021. All e–mail application subject lines should
include: CLINICAL OFFICER – EBL08 STUDY]. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania