Job Position : Chief of Party for Private Sector Strengthening Activity
The COP will be the principal point of contact in Tanzania for procedural and substantive matters and is ultimately responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Tanzania on technical matters and must adjust activities and operations in response to USAID/Tanzania technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities include providing overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award. The COP will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
- Master’s degree in international development, business, organizational development, or other relevant field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing partnerships with the private sector to foster economic development with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in sub-Saharan Africa. Direct experience working in Tanzania preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the private sector, youth organizations/representatives, government officials, donors, and other stakeholders. tetra tech international development jobs
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience managing and supervising staff.
- Demonstrated, credible experience successful managing an activity of similar size and complexity and relevant technical scope.
- Professional proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated experience working with the private sector, preferably in Tanzania, to advance economic opportunities for youth highly desired.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.