The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance – Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
The Performance and Analytics Team Lead (PATL) consultant will work under the administrative and technical guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, and is responsible for leading the project in determining and documenting its own performance as well as the performance of the public health supply chain.
S/he will work in collaboration with national stakeholders such as Medical Stores Department (MSD), the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), and the President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) and the Ministry of Health of the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, with occasional travel.
Job title : Performance & Analytics Team Lead – Consultant
Location : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Purpose: To provide supply chain performance monitoring & evaluation and performance analytics consulting services to the Global Health Supply Chain Program – Technical Assistance, Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ)
Duration: Six (6) months after signing the contract.
The PATL consultant will champion data use, analysis and data quality improvement efforts throughout the supply chain, and promote the use of data-driven decision-making to improve the supply chain.
- Create short advocacy pieces, utilizing compelling visuals on supply chain performance, for dissemination to local and international audiences
- Leverage data from a range of existing systems (including eLMIS and DHIS2) to conduct statistical analyses and analyze the performance of the supply chain, highlighting pain points; link supply chain data with other health services data.
- Elevate the use of supply chain data in programmatic decision making; identify barriers to data quality and use, and develop and implement recommendations for addressing them.
- Provide technical input into dashboards from and across information systems, including eLMIS dashboards and the supply chain portal
- Assist with the sampling, collection, cleaning, documentation and analysis of primary survey data for the project; assist with training of data collectors in preparation for surveys and other field work.
- 6 months after contract signing.
- Advocacy pieces
- Supply Chain performance analysis reports
- Data prepared and reported into donor reporting systems per timeline i.e., DATIM and IPRS
- Health Supply Chain KPIs automated through Health Supply Chain Portal and National DHIS2.
Place of Performance
- Dar es Salaam
- The Position will require travels up to 30% of the period. Travel expenses will be covered per GHSC-TA travel policy
Knowledge and Experience
Applicants for this consultancy should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- An advanced degree/ Masters Degree in Health Informatics, Health Information Management, Statistics, Public Health, Pharmacy or other relevant field
- Skills in SPSS, STATA, and other statistical software packages
- Skills in data visualization tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau or Google Analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in logistics/supply chain management and or public health commodities management.
- Proven experience in public health programs, with three years or more senior management experience preferred
- Specific experience in HIV/AIDS, malaria, TB, reproductive health and essential medicines programs strongly desired.
- Proven track record in systems performance assessment and M&E responsibilities, including development/implementation in PMP management and analytics
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Ability to work on a team to develop strategies and manage implementation of projects
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience managing a USAID funded contract or grant is a plus
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred
Application and Timelines
- All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please indicate in the subject line “Performance and Analytics Team Lead – Consultant”.
- The work is expected to start once the contract is signed by the consultant.
- Duration of activity is from about As Soon As Possible, December 2021 or January 2022 latest.
- Bids have to be submitted by December 15,2021 17:00 EAT.