The Kilombero Valley Teak Company Ltd. (KVTC) is a forestry company located in the
Kilombero and Ulanga Districts of the Morogoro Region. The Company manages teak
plantations and natural woodlands and processes timber in a factory located at Mavimba in
the Ulanga District.
KVTC Currently has one (1) vacancy for Forester with between 3–8 years of experience:
1. Position: Logyard Quality Control Manager (Forester)– One post
Reporting Line: Chief Forest Manager
A Logyard Quality Control Manager is purposely for supervising staff and maintaining quality
control processes, analyzing the results, and giving feedback and guidance to the production
team under the direct supervision
• Log measurements, tallying and logs stock.
• QC of logs coming in and reporting back to the supplier (own or from out–growers)
• Log grading
• Making sure that all log delivery records from own plantations and out growers are
• Making sure that log sales records are correct.
• Inspection of logs bought from out–growers on arrival and report to planning
manager or CFM
• Set and communicate direction and engage and support team members to achieve
excellence in all areas.
• Lead safety performance by sustaining a rigorous safety culture by operating at the
highest standards and complying with all regulations and policies.
• Implement and maintain a preventative maintenance program for rolling stock.
• Responsible for log inventory – log rotation, log sorting, managing the efficient flow
of logs necessary to meet sawmill flow demands, etc.
• Log Quality – Responsible to ensure log quality standards are met, in accordance
with quality standards as specified by the Log Procurement Quality team.
- Read Also:
- BOFYA HAPA NA JIUNGE NASI TELEGRAM KWA NAFASI(2,718+ POSTS)
- • Communicate with the mill operations, wood procurement, and the mill quality team
to ensure correct product mix is being achieved to maximize efficiency.
• Communicate with Scalers and Log Procurement team on all aspects of log grading,
by identifying and documenting log quality issues; out of spec logs, production
killers, and providing timely feedback soissues can be addressed quickly.
• Work with Log Procurement team on log / load quality issues and log flow
• Maximize yard production and efficiency.
• Supervise and coordinate six to eight employees.
• Maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including Log
Procurement and the mill Quality Control teams.
• Logyard QC Manager is required to work independently, and the vast majority of
his/her time is spent in both field and sawmill.
• Applicants must have a tertiary qualification in the field of forestry between 3–8
years working experience.
• Experience working in and with rural communities will be an advantage
• Experience working with teak will be an advantage
• Experience with forest certification systems such as FSC or TLTV will be an advantage
The applicant must have a passion for forestry and the environment
· The applicant must have a driving license and be proficient in driving a motorcycle
· The applicant must be fluent in English, reading and writing.
• For the Logyard QC Manager must understand statistics and the proven ability to
collect, compile and analyse logs’ data and present in report format for management
is a necessity.
• Must have the ability to learn quick and work with modern equipment for example
• The applicant must have basic computer literacy (MS Office).
This position entails extensive field work in remote areas with abundant wildlife. Only
applicants willing to work under the demanding conditions normal to this type of
environment should apply.
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you meet the requirements of the position above, please submit your application letter
and a copy of your updated CV to hr@kvtc–tz.com
HR & Administration Manager
Kilombero Valley Teak Company
P.o. Box 655,
Only short–listed applicants will be invited for interviews.
Deadline for submission is 15th of Nov 2021