Dangote Cement is a subsidiary of Dangote Industries, which was founded by Aliko Dangote in 1981 as a trading business with an initial focus on importation of bagged cement and other commodities such as rice, sugar, flour and salt.
Over time, the Group began to import bulk cement into the Apapa and Port Harcourt terminals, which it then bagged for distribution. Through the 1990s, the Group made a strategic decision to transition from a trading based business into a fully-fledged integrated manufacturing operation. This is where our ambitious plan to become Africa’s leading cement producer began.
JOB TITTLE:Zonal Coodinator at Dangote
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the execution of sales plans to meet assigned revenue and target metric objectives within the assigned region.
- Participate in goal-setting activities for the region and agree on sales goals with area sales officers
- Develop sales work plans for the region with a clear approach for adoption by the area sales officers
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the area sales team in the assigned region and ensure alignment with the company’s objectives
- Proactively identify and make recommendations to the sales and Marketing Director on potential revenue streams and customer needs.
- Periodically review the performance of the regional area sales team against set targets.
- Monitor sales performance in assigned region and ensure the development of effective strategies to address shortfalls
- Develop and manage relationships with key customers in assigned region/s and maintain long term relationships with strategic customers.
- Oversee the management of the region’s customer database to support sales initiatives
- Provide support to sales officers in the resolution of escalated sales/ and customer-related issues.
- Coordinate with the marketing teams and ensure the implementation of promotional activities for the region.
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that affect current and future growth of regional sales and profitability.
- Conduct demand planning and forecasting to manage and ensure product availability for customers at all time.
- Develop and implement tactics and strategies for distributor loyalty
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly and annual budget for the assigned region and monitor its implementation
- Authorise the expenses for the sales region in line with the approved budget and manual of authority
- Collate periodic sales reports from sales officers for submission and review by DCP Tanzania Management for strategic decision making
- Perform any other related duties assigned by Deputy or Head of Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Commerce or Marketing
- Post Graduate in Business, MBA preferred
- 4-5 years of experience as sales manager
- 4-8 of sales experience
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial orientation
- Creating and implementing a sales plan
- Meeting sales goals by monitoring progress
- Analysing sales data
- Presentation skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Developing budgets
- Mentoring and coaching sales officers
- Personal Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development
JOB TITTLE:Assistance General Manager MIPS at Dangote
Evaluate the reliability of systems and specialized equipment to ensure effective and efficient execution, and Oversee the mechanical and electrical inspection of plant equipments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the MIPS schedule.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information.
- Perform Planning and scheduling activities in SAP.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Continuously monitor the reliability of machines and processes and make recommendations as to replacing, modifying, or repairing it.
- Review engineering specifications and drawings, proposing design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements.
- Evaluate the failure rates and maintenance costs of equipment and processes.
- Make suggestions and implement plans to reduce equipment failure and decrease maintenance costs
- Provide input in defining asset maintenance and risk management plans.
- Define the criteria for equipment evaluation, testing, inspection and distribution of various maintenance tasks.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CGM or Plant Director.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing industry
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on project management experience
- Working knowledge of engineering economics including cost/benefit analysis
- Ability to think strategically and holistically, to appreciate the systemic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
- Good and holistic understanding of the business operations, inter-relationships and dependencies
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good problem analysis and solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites