Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Position: Nurse (2 posts)
Reports To: Study Coordinator
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Ifakara is looking for qualified and experienced Nurses to fill vacant positions at Clinical Trials Facility (HELP project). They will play a key role in provision of research nursing services, day to day planning and execution of clinical study activities, and to act as a team player for a clinical study team consisting of research nurses and study physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and contribute in the design of data collection tools such as source documents and case report forms.
- Educate volunteers on the study by using approved study information
- Obtain informed consent from the study participants or their parents/guardians.
- Performs and document vital sign and anthropometry
- Collect and label blood, serum, urine and other specimens from study participants for analyses as described in the protocol or as requested by study clinicians.
- Assist senior study nurse in developing work flow procedures and duty roster during clinical trial
- Administer Investigational Product (IP) and non-IP medications and procedures under the guidance of study clinician,Assist in resolving problems relating to volunteer care and acts as a volunteer
- Give counsel to volunteers with respect to medical conditions and provides appropriate guidance related to research activities, Collect and document data as defined in the study
- Assess patient needs in order to diagnose, plan and implement appropriate nursing care for participants in clinical trials in accordance to the treatment
- Track vital signs and carry out regular checks on the patient’s
- Monitor treatment plans, evaluate and advice/ make appropriate recommendations to the Medical Officer or relevant officer as required, To generate and draft nursing reports as may be required from time to time.
- Ensure all study participants are aware of their rights and have signed consent
- To maintain relevant medical records on participants, treatment as may be required
- Performs other duties as assigned by Study Coordinator and Project Leader
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwife, preferably registered with relevant professional
- Proven experience in working in health facility
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent diagnostic skills, Fine manual dexterity for repetitive
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through
- Proactive and confident with strong ethics, Ability to multi task and meet
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, Strong organizational skills and Hard
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean
- Experience with computer programs at least intermediate level with Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and Able to work flexible hours including
- Adhere to ihi core values (transparency, accountability, respect, integrity and initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday October 4th 2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: NURSE – HELP PROJECT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: firstname.lastname@example.org