Medical Teams International Tanzania
Department : Finance
Reports to: Direct: Senior Finance Officer Technical: NA
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends, and public holidays
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Responsible for supporting all MTI TZ Country programs by providing technical support to the Finance Team and Management in the implementation of finance activities and policies. Collaborates in the preparation and presentation of country level financial statements to donors and MTI HQ.
- Coordinate and supervise the accounting operations of assigned field offices including reviewing transactions in Unit4 to ensure correct cost allocation and compliance with all MTI procedures; provide feedback to Field Finance Team for adjustments
- Perform the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, in order to verify evolution of project finances; flag any issues of concern to the Senior Finance Officer for further strategic discussions.
- Support Assistant Accountant in preparing reports for all donor projects and submit to Finance for review.
- Record, analyse and reconcile all payables and commitments in accordance with MTI and donor requirements.
- Participate in review of payroll transactions, allocation, and reconciliation with staffing list monthly.
- Participate in the budget development process.
- Perform and process bank reconciliation through Unit4.
- Provide information upon request for audit and donor desk review processes.
- Accountable for the appropriate use of resources in accordance with budget holder authority and MTI’s cost principles
- Ensure capacity development of Account Assistants to improve performance.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Commerce is required; Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors of Tanzania (NBAA)
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in finance management is required.
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and relevant donor requirements
- In-depth knowledge of preparation and presentation of financial statements and audit practices
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
- Skilled in using ERP system to process financial transactions
- High degree of analytical and financial reporting skills
- Strong administrative skills in managing documentations and project funding information
- Skilled in training and capacity building
- A good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position may require occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Accountant”.
Application Deadline: 26th of July 2021 at 1700HRS.
NOTE: This vacancy is for Tanzanians only.