Maendeleo Bank PLC commenced operations in September 2013 as a Regional Bank with its Headquarters at Luther House, Sokoine Drive – Dar es Salaam. It is the first bank in Tanzania to be registered in Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) from its inception through Enterprise Growth Market (EGM) window.The bank has been awarded as ‘the best listed bank in the Country’ for the year 2018 by DSE.
In its efforts to expand and strengthen its operations, the Bank wishes
to recruit self-motivated, result oriented and suitably qualified
candidates to fill the positions available in its staff complements as
Responsible for evaluating and contributing to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes for the bank and operating independently of other departments. This position reports to the Managing Director, administers the Risk Management Policies and Procedures, and coordinates the activities of the, BoT Examiners as well as other assurance providers.
- Standardization of Risk Management Policies and Procedures and embed risk management processes bank wide.
- Annual review of Risk Management Policies and procedures.
- Assist in formulation and review of new policies and procedures for new products, and for guidelines issued by the regulatory authorities.
- Coordinate with functional/ branch/ department heads and catalyze assessment of functional risks.
- Conduct bank Risk Team meetings and facilitate implementation and review of the action points arising out of the meetings.
- Continuous monitoring of risk assessment matrix for credit, market and operational functions.
- Align Risk management processes with market opportunities
- Facilitate integrated risk-based audit.
- Measure risks where needed and suggest mitigants
- To participate in the formulation of bank credit policies and lending practices.
- To establish, design and review credit grading systems and establish quality assurance measurements.
- To pursue measures that will improve lending skills and standards – such as staff training.
- To develop a data bank on industry analyses / market intelligence and liaise with the Credit Reference Bureau so as to review and initiate action to enrich and modify the overall credit risk profile of the bank.
- To monitor the prevailing trend and quality of the credit portfolio in the bank, through various management report such as Arrears and Non-Performing Loan Reports(NPL)
- Monitoring of credit risk so as to ascertain the overall health of each asset and overall portfolio and confirm that exposures are in line with the bank’s policy guidelines so as to ensure the quality of the credit portfolio
- To review HR capacities in relation to credit functions in all the units and in liaison with the Human Resources Department identify training needs and recruitment of staff where necessary.
- To participate in the general management of the Bank and streamline the credit operations in the Bank through actively participation in re-engineering systems and controls review programmes.
- Oversee implementation of the systems and controls as they relate to credit functions at all branches.
- Ensure that all the Bank’s Credit Policy and Procedures are implemented across all department and branches.
- To assist in assessing and implementing effective operational risk management by branches /department heads.
- Establish adequate safeguards to protect against Operational Risks including Internal fraud, external fraud, employment practices, market manipulation, execution failures through data entry, business disruptions, failed mandatory reporting, negligence.
- To monitor and report the OR findings to the Management Risk Committee (MRC) on monthly basis.
- Identify Market risk factors (equity, interest rate, currency, and commodity) and develop approaches of strategies to address them.
- Monitoring of the ALM risks and review of the Liquidity Ratio, Rate sensitivity gaps, currency-wise gap analysis, net margins, Value at Risk (VaR), trading activities and impact analysis in a worst case scenario to test the Bank’s resilience
- To monitor and report the ALM risk findings to the ALCO.
- Assess and recommend mitigating measures for reputational and regulatory risks identified.
- Review the quality of reporting on critical functional areas – Credit, Treasury, Operations and ICT – Regulatory reports and external audit reports
- Ascertain the risks through the regulatory reports, external and internal audit, inspection reports and close the risk areas identified.
- Reviewing strategic decisions on branch expansion, networking with other banks, organization structure, performance on stock exchange and dividend declaration.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
Holder of Business-related Degree with at least 2 years’ experience in Management of which 1 years must be within risk functions. Possession of CPA (T) or ACCA is an added advantage. A Candidate should have Sound knowledge of Bank of Tanzania Regulations and best banking practices.
Senior Treasury Officer
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Treasury Officer is responsible to manage liquidity of the bank to meet cash and cash equivalent obligation on daily basis, in the medium and long term while maximizing income from excess liquidity.
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of Asset & Liability, Liquidity Risk, Interest Rate Risk, and Maturity Risk Management Programmes.
- Develops and implements liquidity policy that complies with the bank’s goal and BOT requirements.
- Identification of appropriate liquidity scenarios and asset and liability management scenarios.
- Responsible for daily management and drawdown of wholesale funding facilities as required by treasury management policy.
- Participates in renegotiation of committed wholesale funding lines via discussions with and preparation of information for the approval of the Managing Director.
- Responsible for identifying and researching appropriate investment opportunities for ALCO that maximizes risk weighted return whilst complying with liquidity policy and BOT requirements.
- Maintains close and co-operative relationships with banks as wholesale facility and funding providers.
- Manages Treasury related transactions including loan facility re-pricing/maintenance, management of Treasury Dealership book, economic advice and ad hoc review of treasury management policies.
- Responsible for re-pricing and day to day management of key funding and lending facilities with other corporations.
- Responsible for ensuring daily monitoring of interest rates applied to ensure the rates are consistent with the bank’s policies, including the preparation of exception reports to Risk and Compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of current issues faced by Retail and brings this information to ALCO.
- Responsible for all treasury related reporting to the Head of Finance and the Board on Treasury activities.
- Management of Treasury systems (including data providers) to ensure smooth running of Treasury operations.
- Actively identifies opportunities for system and process improvements and provides an appropriate level of involvement in solutions.
University Degree/Advanced Diploma majoring in Finance, Accountancy, Business administration or their equivalent from a recognized institution. At least four (4) years’ experience in (Treasury Management) banking Industry.
Maendeleo Bank PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. The successful candidates will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the positions.
Mode of Application:
Application letters addressed to the Managing Director, P. 0. Box 216, Dar es Salaam enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, full contacts (address and telephone numbers) and three referees or through E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for submitting the application is 29 June 2021 at or before 17.00 hours