As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenar- beit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Strengthen national coordination of global health financing
- Strengthen capacities of selected institutions in the partner countries to set and achieve health-system strengthening priorities in connection with global financing
- Improve the management of health services at the decentralized level particularly with regard to the integration of globally financed programmes
BACKUP Health seeks to employ two qualified technical advisors who will work in close collaboration with the BACKUP team (in country and headquarter).
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Terms of the Contract: Fixed term contract
- Establish and maintain partnerships with national, bi- and multilateral stakeholders in the health sector
- Provide advisory and capacity development services to BACKUP partner institutions and organizations in Tanzania.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of ongoing Global Fund related projects and consultancies as part of the BACKUP portfolio and also keep track of developments of other global financing mechanisms such as GFF and Gavi.
- Based on overall BACKUP strategy and mandate, contribute to the ongoing development of the BACKUP portfolio and technical assistance approach in Tanzania.
Technical advice (capacity development)
- Identify technical assistance (TA) needs and opportunities for support in BACKUP’S areas of cooperation, such as strengthening national coordination, the health system and the management of health services at community level
- Provide technical assistance based on the identified needs as well as analyse and incorporate cross cutting themes such as community, rights and gender related to the interventions
- Provide technical contributions to policies, guidelines and tools as may be required by programme activities
- Organise, conduct and/or facilitate training sessions in relevant areas of work
- Plan consultancy and financial support to be provided by BACKUP based on the overall strategy of the project and specific partner needs
- Operationalize the monitoring framework for the contribution of interventions in the country to overall project objectives and indicators
- Provide technical backstopping to local and international TA providers in his/her field of expertise
- Prepare, attend and report on governance, programmatic and technical working group coordination meetings
- Manage and coordinate BACKUP interventions in the country (monitoring, technical and financial reporting, logistical management of workshops and field trips)
- Plan and support visits from TA providers and BACKUP headquarter staff
- Support knowledge management for BACKUP by collecting and documenting good practices and lessons learned on Global Fund-related processes and TA approaches as well as for Gavi and the GFF.
- Promote partnerships and linkages between key stakeholders related to the Global Fund, disease specific as well as health system actors as well as for Gavi and the GFF.
- Support transparent communication and information sharing between all involved institutions and counterparts related to the Global Fund, Gavi and the GFF.
- Represent GIZ/BACKUP in relevant meetings at the country level.
- Prepare BACKUP communication and coordinate public relations through national, regional and global publication of project outcomes (e.g. in journals, news feeds and social media).
- Coordinate planning, execution and monitoring of all national, regional and district activities jointly with other teams of relevant programmes in the country to ensure a coherent and seamless support in the health sector from GIZ.
- Conduct regular meetings with other program’s project managers if applicable to update on progress, report on results and seek guidance on key challenges.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University degree (master’s level) in an area that is relevant to the program objectives, with a focus on public health, public policy or development studies. A master’s degree in public health (management) would be an asset.
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in a comparable position
- Work experience in the health sector in Tanzania with public and/or private institutions (e.g. disease control, health service delivery, community development)
- Experience with health programmes financed by domestic and external resources
- Good understanding of global health architecture
- Experience with Global Fund and/or German Development Cooperation would be an asset
- Highly motivated professional
- A team player willing to take on responsibility
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Possessing a positive attitude to change
- Tolerance to ambiguous situations and stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact in complex cooperation systems with various stakeholders (including senior government officials, civil society and key population representatives, project implementers and beneficiaries)
- Good communication and writing skills
- Language skills: Excellent spoken and written English
- Good IT knowledge
- Willingness to upgrade knowledge as required by the tasks to be performed
- Willingness to travel regularly.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the subject line “Advisor BACKUP”.
Closing date for submission: 30.05.2021 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.