DELEGATION TO THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA AND TO THE
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC):
- Supports Tanzania’s and EAC’s development agendas and sustainable development goals for a better life for allProvides support with a view to inclusive growth, private sector development and job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidates will occupy a specific job function as Secretary the job functions may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
This is a full time employment. The posts are allocated in salary group III which has a minimum gross salary of 2,763,087 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The Secretary may assist in Delegation related secretarial duties, including keeping diaries, screening phone calls, organizing meetings and missions, travel managements, handling correspondence, including drafting of letters, encoding of approval circuits, filing etc.
- Assist in maintaining good and effective positive working relations with all the representatives of the Government, the diplomatic missions of EU Member States, development partners and project stakeholders.
- Assist in the provision of general project management support or information as requested
- Assist in the management of programmes or contracts in the section’s portfolio.
- Assist with the filing, storage, maintenance and destruction (as appropriate) of unclassified hard or soft copy data.
- Assist with the representation of the EU Delegation in events organised locally.
- Act as a backup for other Secretaries in the Delegation.
- Assist in any other task requested and deemed necessary for the functioning of the Delegation.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor Degree and or relevant training
- Minimum of 6 months relevant work experience.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Very good oral and written communication.
Interpersonal and Intellectual skills
- High degree of responsibility and be able to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Professional conduct. Ability to focus on priorities and to organise work to deliver on time
- Flexibility to work under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
|Qualifications||Bachelor Degree||Relevant Training|
|Professional experience||At least 6 months experience in related field||Project management Staff management|
|Knowledge of languages||Fluent in English and Kiswahili||Knowledge of an EU language will be an advantage|
|Knowledge of IT tools||Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)||PowerPoint and other softwares|
Please send only your detailed CV and Cover Letter. The cover letter should mention your motivation for applying as well as three key EU values and explain why you think these values are important or otherwise to EU-Tanzania relations. All applications must be submitted through to the below email address:
DELEGATION-TANZANIA-HR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Secretary Post No.48635
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The deadline for applications: by 17:00 on 07th June, 2021.