Grumeti Fund Trust (Grumeti Fund) is a non-profit organization created in Tanzania in 2003. The GFT mission is to contribute to the conservation of the Serengeti Ecosystem in partnership with local communities and other stakeholders. Grumeti Fund Trust located in the concessions of Western Corridor of the Serengeti Ecosystem, collaborates with Tanzanian institutions to manage concession lands and enhance conservation activities in the ecosystem, and works in partnership with local communities and local government to support development initiatives.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
LOCATION: Grumeti, Mara Region, Tanzania
The responsibility of the Communication Coordinator within the Grumeti Fund Trust is to ensure that information, stories and content about the work of Grumeti Fund Trust is shared with various groups of people, including the surrounding communities, government partners, key stakeholders, donors and an international audience. The channels through which this information is distributed includes social media, the Grumeti Fund website, international and local news outlets, and face-to-face engagement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Communications Coordinator is expected to perform the following duties:
1. Maintain and update Grumeti Fund Trust Website as required by the Head of Communication and Fundraising
2. Maintain and update Grumeti Fund Social media accounts with news and information
3. Identify and develop relationship with other media, community partners and agencies
4. Manage local press release in our website and social media accounts
5. Write and publish newsletters and Blogs for Grumeti Fund Trust
6. Engagement with stakeholders of Grumeti Fund Trust and other HoDs of other departments, as well as donors and guests to make sure everything which needs to be communicated is communicated effectively.
7. Communications coordinator will measure and report the effectiveness of communications activities at least every month.
8. Give an assistance to other internal and external communications duties when needed
9. The candidate will perform Logistics and administrative duties for the department
10.Communications Coordinator will perform other lawful work-related duties as directed by her supervisor or any other senior staff
● Commitment to the Grumeti Fund Trust’s mission
● Ability to write well in English and Kiswahili
● Understanding of Conservation and Community Programs
● Ability to facilitate workshops
● Ability to communicate clearly in written and oral means
● Team player and self-starter
● Ability to analyze metrics and measurements of communication successes
● Ability to maintain big picture thinking
● Understanding of social media accounts: Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn & Facebook
● Creative mind a big bonus
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
● At least Bachelor’s Degree in communication/Conservation or related field
● Fluent in English and Kiswahili
● Five years working experience in communications or conservation-related field
● Experience managing a professional social media account including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Mail Chimp, WordPress, Adobe, etc.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates for this position when applying must include application letter, Curriculum Vitae and Academic Certificates. All applications should be addressed to and sent to the Head of Human Resources by email via Jobapplications@grumeti.singita.com or by postal mail addressed to:
Grumeti Reserves Ltd
P.O Box 65, Mugumu,
Deadline for application is 31st May 2021, 17:00PM.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.