Position: Driver (1 post)
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Location: Action Against Hunger – USA, Singida, Tanzania
Length of Contract: 1 year with possibility of extension
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Summary of Position
As part of the Action Against Hunger USA – Tanzania Country office, the Driver position has the following purpose, engagement and delivery requirements
Support the implementation of Action Against Hunger projects through driving project vehicles in the respective regions and districts. The incumbent will also be accountable to maintain and provide general good care and services for the vehicles.
Coordinate with Program and Support staff to ensure efficiency of business processes.
Liaise with Logistics officer and Finance/Administration Officer for effective service provision on transport and vehicle management.
- Deliver quality, timely, sustainable and consistent support in transportation to ensure efficient day-to-day operations of the Tanzania Country Office. In addition, ensure appropriate maintenance of Action Against Hunger vehicles for use in the field as may be required
- Drive program vehicles as directed by Administration Officer and provide safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors. He will ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
- Drive long distance with or without program staff when required and adhere to the rules and regulation.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures, and report any damage or abnormal condition of the vehicle.
- Keep track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule is adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s) service is due.
- Maintain record of work performed; Fills up all necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident, he will report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Supervisor’s, he will assist the Supervisor in planning and control of (regular) services.
- He will check daily status and availability of spares jack and tools and perform minor repairs to the vehicle, change tires, always refuel the vehicle as required and ensure cleanliness of the vehicle.
- He will ensure that the ACF vehicle(s) are only used for official/authorized business and report to supervisor if unauthorized incident (s) took place.
- Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
III. Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
- Ensure Action Against Hunger vehicles are well maintained and clean and all documentation are up to date
- The position will ensure all movements are approved by Logistics Officer before commencement; and within Action Against Hunger driving rules and regulations
- Ensure the vehicles are properly cleaned, fueled and in order
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to drive for long periods in rough roads with poor terrain. Must be able to observe driving rules and regulations to avoid accidents and ensure safety of both passengers and vehicle itself.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
- Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
VII. Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- Advance Driving Certificate NIT/VETA
- A Secondary School Certificate with a PASS grade
- Valid driver’s license class C and proof of good driving records.
- Ability to communicate in Kiswahili and simple English
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar position; previous experience working with INGO will be an added advantage
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Trustworthy, high sense of responsibility, alert; emotional stability, neat and courteous;
- Ability to communicate in Kiswahili and simple English
- Compatibility for both independent and team work.
- Active listener with good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and or adaptability.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment and to multi-task
- Worked and reside in Singida region will be an added advantage.
The interested candidates must send their application letters and Curriculum vitae through our email address: email@example.com not later than 04th June, 2021 at 23:59.