Service, Health and Development for people living with HIV /AIDS (SHDEPHA+) is a national non-governmental organization, registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216, with the aim of mobilizing resources to help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS, over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues to other development interventions and now covers both infected and affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide.
Each branch of SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing, and implementing its projects; though all branches share one constitution and registration.
Kahama, based in Kahama Municipal, is among the 65 branches, was
launched in 1999 and started independent operations in 2002 has been
working with both international and national donors, the local and
central government and other stakeholders to work toward the United
Nations Sustainable Development Goals. The organization works with the
poor, key, and vulnerable groups including women, children, youth,
people with special needs; and it gives special attention to the
underserved and marginalized populations such as PLHV, FSW, and VAGYW
SHDEPHA+ Kahama has been selected and reassigned to implement The Global Fund for AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) program as a sub recipient of AMREF Health Africa Tanzania ( as a Principal recipient (PR 2) for the Non State Actors) for the HIV/TB/Malaria/RSSH grant. The grant will be implemented for three years, from 2021 to 2023 in 4 regions of Tanzania (SHINYANGA, SIMIYU, TABORA and SINGIDA).
The GF HIV/TB project implementation will be done in collaboration and guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children and the President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). With this, SHDEPHA+ Kahama therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
Position: PROJECT MANAGER (1)
Location: Kahama Municipal
Reports to: Programs Director and Program Manager (PR2)
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
The program manager (1) Will advise and coordinate community GF HIV/TB activities in all 4 regions, ensures regional Project officers performs at maximum capacity to meet the expected deliverables and set targets. S/he will be involved in program planning as per requirements. S/he will report to Programs Director and (Program Manager (Global Fund)) with 100% LOE on the project. S/he will provide overall leadership in design, plan and roll out of innovative approaches for effective implementations GF HIV/TB interventions. S/he represent SHDEPHA+ Kahama and work closely with national technical working groups and relevant Government Authorities for providing oversight and leadership in implementation of HIV/TB Programs in Simiyu, Tabora, Shinyanga and Singida regions. S/he will be responsible for providing technical and leadership support to regional Program Officers in his/her portfolio.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review the project proposal, budget, targets, key performance indicators and ensure that the planning is realistic (Measurable, Reportable & Verifiable), both in terms of budget and implementation. Develop detailed work plans and budget in coordination with the respective partners as required.
- Assist project staff and partners to develop their plans in line with the required project objectives and deliverables.
- Support the project team by providing longer-term vision, strategic direction and appropriate planning aligned with SHDEPHA+ Organizational network plan.
- Review the project plans weekly, monthly and annually to ensure that they are realistic, both in terms of budget and overall project plan.
- Work with the concerned staff and partners to ensure effective implementation of the project.
- Regularly review & track the project progress against milestones and take corrective action where required, raising issues with the concerned personnel as needed timely and professionally.
- Promote and maintain effective partnerships with the partners and beneficiaries.
- Guide and lead the project team to achieve specific goals, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the project.
- Ensure that work is appropriately delegated, and staff members are empowered to carry out tasks independently where appropriate matching their skills and capacity.
- Ensure efficient project management procedures are implemented to enable monitoring of projects and accurate reporting of progress.
- Ensure strict adherence to SHDEPHA+’ ethics, policy and pro-actively encourage transparency and openness in all activities.
- Manage financial resources of selected tasks and components while coordinating with the SHDEPHA+ Finance officer regarding budget control and financial procedures.
- Networking with Government and non-Government Organizations, and Private Sectors; Build strong relationships with the government authorities and arrange field visits and regular progress review meetings where necessary.
- Learn good practices from other Organizations and reflect these in the project.
- Represent SHDEPHA+ in building and maintaining relationships and partnerships with relevant service providers, government, national and international development partners, local stakeholders and communities, private sectors, and funder Partners representatives for effective implementation of projects.
- Prepare project progress reports (Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) based on a structured M&E framework including a review on financial report and provide necessary feedback.
- In cooperation with M&E to Ensure quality monitoring data collection from the field and timely reporting.
- Supervise, coach, and provide mentorship to the project staff.
- Assist in the recruitment of project staff (as and when required) Manage the performance of the project staff.
- Develop plans for capacity-building of the project team to enable the team to be more self standing in the future.
- Support effective communications and joint working within the team and with other teams across the organization.
- Identify and discuss with the Management team of any potential future funding opportunities which present themselves in the country and provide advice on their suitability and potential alignment with the SHDEPHA+ strategic direction.
- Initiate and participate in developing funding proposals Other Ad-hoc Tasks Be cognizant of the wider implications of the project, working effectively with other SHDEPHA+ functions in-in the regions: Finance, Quality team and program as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in public health, medicine, nursing, social sciences, international health, or a related discipline
- Experience in international public health, clinical services, or infectious disease control, with at least three years of experience in local or international or resource-challenged settings
- Practical experience with public health disease programs including national TB/HIV control programs is highly desirable
- Understanding of priority, key and vulnerable population programing and related policies and guidelines.
- Track record of delivering project goals within deadlines and budgets across public and private sectors and with NGOs.
- Demonstrable track record of effectively building and sustaining key external and internal relationships at community, utility, and governmental levels to realize project goals. Leading and Managing Project teams of stakeholders including staff.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work independently and lead diverse multi-disciplinary team, stakeholder management skills.
- Project Management skills including strategy, planning, setting objectives and planning to meet those objectives, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budgeting, financial management and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to define new projects, establish overall scope and budget able to influence at senior management level, take a strategic outlook and to manage change where necessary empowering project staff and others to strengthen their capacity and capability through mentoring and coaching.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills, able to work well under pressure both proactively and prioritize a challenging workload.
- Good communication skills: able to communicate complex concepts concisely to non-technical managers both in writing and verbally and to provide professional advice with confidence and tact. Motivating and developing teams, including performance management and appraisals.
- Collaborative approach to partnership working in a cross-cultural context; a team player, with strong problem-solving ability.
(Salary scale 3,500,000 – 4,000,000/=)
JOB TITLE: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT (1 Position)
Location: Kahama Municipal
Reports to: Programs Director and Program Accountant (PR2)
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
The Project accountant will be supporting the finance department to coordinate and supervise financial activities of the project. S/he will provide day-to-day financial technical work of the project and strict adherences to financial regulations and grant compliance requirements during the implementation of the program. He/she shall ensure daily, weekly and quarterly financial reports are timely prepared and submitted as well as accounting reports and documents including cash books, payment vouchers, bank reconciliation statements, budget compliance reports and any other financial reports that may be required by Global Fund Project.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payrolls
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team.
- Assisting with budgets planning and reviews
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing day-to-day transactions.
- Recording Project expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget ceilings.
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Handling accruals and pre-payments
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Qualification and experience
- Holder of bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Possession of accounting professional qualifications such as CPA or ACCA
- Experience of at least three (3) years in working with Donor funded projects
- Holder of a master Professional is an added advantage
- Must be computer literate
- Knowledgeable on accounting packages will be an added advantage.
- Numerical, confidential, detailed, proactive and team work skills required
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and work within deadline
Salary scale (2,000,000 – 2,500,000/=)
Position: MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER (M&E) (1)
Location: Kahama Municipal
Reports to: SR Programs manager and M&E Manager (PR2)
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
The M&E officer will be monitoring and evaluating implementation of GF HIV/TB project and serve to track progress and evaluate the program, routine review of data and taking corrective action to adapt program activities towards reaching the desired results, goals and impacts. The M&E Officer will work to support collection of timely and accurate information to ensure data-driven decision-making to solve critical problems and create evidence for dissemination. S/he will provide feedback to the SR program manager, senior MEL coordinator and PR2 M&E Manager for establishing, modifying and monitoring key program level performance indicators to report and record physical progress for specific components and interventions within all program areas of the project
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of data management strategies to contribute towards the achievement of GF HIV/TB objectives and SHDEPHA+ strategic objectives.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the documentation and data management guidelines for SHDEPHA+ to avoid any breach of confidentiality and to ensure that safety to all information is observed.
- Review and approve data ground rules and database design in accordance with the Standard Operating procedures and protocol of the programs and the data department.
- Assist in the standardization of data management procedures to ensure all staff adhere to the same guidelines provided to them by SHDEPHA+.
- Conduct data cleaning, back-up, design and programming of a clinical database to ensure system efficiency and effectiveness in the project sites.
- Review, analyse, and validate program data through review of patient’s files to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
- Carry out scheduled stress tests on the different databases that are in use at SHDEPHA+ to identify any loopholes that require to be addressed to ensure proper functionality.
- Query data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines to ensure strict adherence from all staff.
- Provide expertise in all areas of data management through weekly staff meetings, workshops and training to ensure all staff are updated on the current trends in data management and have the required skill to work on the system.
- Conduct quarterly updates of the IT inventory from the facility level to ensure all facilities are adequately equipped with the necessary equipment to avoid any system downtime.
- Train and build capacity of SHDEPHA+ program staff in the use of Data and database for the monitoring of site’s performance and to address any issues that may arise from non-performance.
- Review data collection tools used against the required reports and provide advice and assistance in the improvement of these tools to create efficiencies in the system.
- Review monthly reports prepared by the data team to ensure information provided is of high quality and timely submission to the site coordinators.
- Run frequent queries for extraction of data from CTC2 database as required for donor uses as well as SHDEPHA+ for program improvement.
- Carry out quarterly data verification and collection activities, upload the data into systems and respond to urgent queries from staff, donors and partners.
- Compile and prepare monthly and quarterly data reports for analysis and donor use and ensure that the information provided is accurate and of high quality.
- Collaborate with Programme Officers Quality Improvement to conduct Quality Improvement performance measurement from data collection, data entry, and data verification to ensure data collected from the facilities is accurate and of the standard
- Ensure the project meets the reporting deadlines, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually
- Lead in project performance presentations preparation and presentations to donors and other stake holders
- Lead and support the implementation project performance indicators for results/impact measurement
- Continuously reviews existing community monitoring tools and adapt them accordingly
- Develop and maintain appropriate project databases
- Coordinate/assist documentation of best practices and success stories of the GF HIV/TB Program and contribute to SHDEPHA+ Kahama
- Compile monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports
- Coordinate operational research
- Participate in knowledge management in SHDEPHA+ Kahama and AMREF health Africa where organized.
- Strengthen routine data collection using existing national tools for Community HIV/TB as well as the existing national HIV/TB facility databases
- Work with RHMTs, CHMTs and MTUHA/DOT nurses to conduct community trainings, refresher training, community mentorship and supportive supervisions on data in all supported regions
- Collaborate with NTLP/NACP to conduct quarterly DQAs and ensure that data is collated cleaned and validated.
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor-PR2 MEAL Manager, SR MEL Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health informatics, M&E, social sciences, or statistics
- At least 4 years of “hands on experience” as M&E officer position in TB or HIV program
- Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Knowledge of national laws and regulations governing HIV/TB services and operations.
- Experience working with donor-funded organizations requiring community level engagement.
- Knowledge of relevant SHDEPHA+ donor requirements
- Ability to produce comprehensive reports
- Proficiency in the use of databases Skills in day to day activities
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver trainings.
- Discretion with confidential information
- Ability to gather appropriate information for decision making
- Ability to openly consult with colleagues
- Ability to set priorities accordingly
- Ability to speak up in the face of unreasonable requests
- Ability to apply new changes
- Ability to learn and retain new knowledge
Salary scale (2,000,000 – 2,500,000/=)
JOB TITLE: DRIVERS (3 Positions)
Location: Shinyanga, Simiyu, Tabora and Singida
Reports to: Human Resource and Administration officer
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To make pre-inspection to the assigned vehicle prior traveling and report mechanical damage/defects if any.
- To undertake minor mechanical repairs
- Deploying staff to various places on project trips
- To take vehicles due to routine maintenance/repair to the appointed service agent
- To ensure safety and cleanliness of the vehicle at all times
- Keeping a record of all trips in the Log-book
- Collect and distribute various documents
- Provide technical advice on vehicle safety and operation to staff
- To report promptly accidents or incidents involving the vehicles to the relevant authority
- To ensure that valid documents and permits are acquire prior commencement of any journey
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by his or her supervisor relating to his or her education and vocational skills.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Form four Certificate (Form IV)
- Must possess Driving licence class C of motor vehicle with a clean record in a reputable institution including of not causing an accident for at least the past three years
- At least 3 years’ experience of driving motor vehicle.
- He/she must have attended and passed Advanced Drivers Course Grade II at the National Institute of Transport or any other recognized Institution OR Driving Grade Test II from a recognized Institution
- Must be fluent in Kiswahili language speaking and writing. English language is an added advantage
- Salary scale (700,000 – 1,000,000/=)
JOB TITLE: REGIONAL PROGRAM OFFICERS (4 Positions) one from each region
Location: Tabora, Shinyanga, Simiyu and Singida
Reports to: Programs Manager
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)
The Regional Program Officer under SHDEPHA+ will work in collaboration with Global Fund technical team at regional levels and community in respective Regions to implement the GF HIV/TB program targeting population at risk Key and Vulnerable Populations. She/he will monitor the implementation of the HIV/TB prevention, testing services, Condom Programming, and Community Empowerment activities in compliance with the overall regional work plan.
She/he will play a key role in ensuring that the Community activities are conducted according to the National standards and Global Fund standard operating procedures, and that beneficiaries receive quality services; she/he will also play a crucial role in supervising and building the capacity of Peer Educators, Navigators and mobilizers for effective and efficiently implementation of activities during outreach activities (mobile testing and moonlight approaches) for HTS provision. She will be managing all community activities through conducting progress review meetings in monthly basis with all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and health care providers. She/he will be coordinating the case management team with health facilities and community for continuum of care. Also, will be responsible in monitoring Gender based/Intimate partners Violence cases includes status of referral and linkages. The Regional Program Officer will report to the Project Manager.
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities;
A: Community Engagement
- Supervising and Managing all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV and Family planning)
- Supervision of HTS service including mobile testing, self-testing, and index testing to reach key population.
- Supporting Peer (Educators mobilizers, navigators) to roll out Trainings among in respective community.
- Supporting Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) during Community works including demand creation, group education, individual education, outreach services for both moonlight and mobile testing and client’s referrals and linkages.
- Supervising and supporting formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in working area.
- Supervising and monitoring community activities that includes SBCC activities to ensure Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) have all required tools etc.
- Work in collaborative with LGA’s in managing community engagement portfolio.
- Coordinate and support the Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to implement and monitor the timely implementation of comprehensive HIV services and provision of friendly services to all KVP clients
- Manage peer educators and peer navigator to ensure proper planning and implementation of community engagement related activities like demand creation, group, and individual education sessions.
- Support establishment of case management team in conjunction with health facility.
- Work with project and Regional officials to facilitate community engagement trainings to, peer educators and navigators and other relevant training required.
- Support integration of HTS with other biomedical and behavioural intervention to key population
- Establish effective work relationship with other stakeholders and R/CHMT partners on program activities
- Work with Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to identify and link KVP clients to other implementing partners for psychosocial support.
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and efficiently and in an integrated manner
C: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Reporting;
- Prepare monthly and weekly route plan for the project to reach targeted population. Prepare document experiences, briefs, and success stories
- Monitor Peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators) and Providers implement plans and progress of community engagement portfolio as per project targets
- Provide weekly update and monthly report to Project Coordinator.
- Conducting weekly performance for Peer (educators, mobilizers, navigators) to assess performance and share area of improvement.
- Working closely with the M&E Officer to evaluate data and program progress.
- Conducting monthly meetings with Health services Providers, Peer (educators, mobilizers, and navigators) to share progress in a specific month and plan for the next month.
Qualifications and other requirements specific to the role;
- Bachelor’ degree in public health, social work or other related degree required,
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience working with KVP in HIV/TB at the community level
- Master’s Degree in public health (MPH or equivalent) will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
- Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
- Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Proven track record working in TB/HIV interventions
- Knowledge and skills in project activities implementation;
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven with integrity
Salary scale (2,000,000 -2,500,000/=)
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees.To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS 16th MARCH 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
SHDEPHA+ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on Age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee Organization, or other non-merit factors.
SHDEPHA+ Kahama is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
SHDEPHA+ Kahama regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
For more information about the organization, please visit https://www.shdepha-kahama.com/