Chief Executive Officer
Maxinsure Tanzania Limited is Tanzania based General Insurance Company with 100% Tanzania shareholding. The company was incorporated in the year 2010 and offers all classes of General Insurance including Motor, Fire& Engineering, Marine, Aviation and other Miscellaneous classes.
Position: Chief Executive Officer, who will be reporting to the Board of Directors.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- Provide overall direction to the operations of the company with 100% ownership for the performance of the company
- Apprise the board of directors with all relevant market information and developments in the industry so as to facilitate them in taking informed decisions.
- Business transformation – Formulating strategies for business growth and developing a viable business plan and oversee its implementation so as to strategically re position the company in a highly competitive business environment.
- Ensure that the company has adequate financial resources at all times to meet its obligations and liabilities
- Maintain healthy stakeholder relationships with all key players in the market, including clients and brokers, thereby ensuring positive brand positioning of the company.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Overseeing and managing all operational matters -Proactive handling of reinsurance requirements, ensuring a viable system software with end to end integration across all modules & ensuring prudent underwriting and judicious claims management.
- Develop a Team of motivated and skilled staff and ensure effective succession planning.
- Specific challenges -The company is having some challenges on legacy issues, mainly relating to Treaty reconciliations of past years, which need to be concluded satisfactorily by the CEO.
- Qualified insurer, with an ACM or equivalent degree, in line with The Insurance Act of 2009
- At least 8 years of post-qualification experience in the insurance industry, five years of which should have been in a managerial or executive or analogous position.
- Candidates with past experience as CEO of insurance company and/ or experience in reviving under- performing companies will be preferred.
- Leadership and soft skills, Team building capabilities, Professional ethics and utmost Integrity are required.
- Salary will be negotiable. However, since the company is in the process of rebuilding itself, the starting salary will be modest and will be increased progressively based on performance.
- Other benefits will be in line with the going market practice.
Interested candidates may send their applications with comprehensive CV latest by the 25th of February 2021 to the following address:
Maxinsure (Tanzania) Limited
P.0 Box 110007
Dar Es Salaam
The company reserves the right to shortlist and invite only the most qualified candidates for interview.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.