The International Red Locust Control Organization for Central and Southern Africa (IRLCO-CSA) has the following vacancy and invites applications from suitability qualified and experienced citizens of its Member States which are, Malawi, Mozambique, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The Organization whose Headquarters is in Ndola, Zambia undertakes
surveys and control of locusts, armyworms and quelea birds and other
migratory pests and conducts pertinent research in Member States.
The successful candidates will be based at the Headquarters.
SENIOR STAFF PILOT (HELICOPTER PILOT)
Salary Scale R4
To fly the Organization’s Helicopter in order to facilitate mobility for pest surveys, control and management operations.
- Flying rotor aircraft, in order to facilitate aerial surveys, spray operations and transport missions.
- Providing timely information on meteorological conditions at airstrips, route and purpose of flight, and notams for use by crews.
- Updating technical manuals to facilitate smooth utilization of aircraft.
- Participating in the development and implementation of the section work programmes/flight schedules, effectively to facilitate migratory pest management.
- Carry out research on how best to use aircraft in the management of migratory pests.
- Reports to Chief Pilot.
- ICAO recognized commercial pilot licence for rotor wing Aircraft.
- 2000 hours total flying time to include 500 Agricultural flying hours.
- 3 years’ experience in agriculture aviation operations. Computer literate
- Low level spraying skills
- Ratings on the Bell Helicopter 206 Jet Ranger will be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- Appointment is on contract for a period of three years and may be renewed on satisfactory performance;
- Gratuity of 25% of the total earnings payable at the end of the contract
- Salary and gratuity are free of tax
- Education allowance for up to four children below the age of nineteen years but excluding College and university education, rent-free accommodation or house allowance and medical attention are provided.
- An attractive and competitive package will be offered commensurate with qualification and experience.
All applications by letter, or email giving full particulars and copies of relevant certificates including names and addresses of three Referees should be addressed to the undersigned to reach not later than 23rd February 2020.
THE DIRECTORTel: +260 212 651264/+260 212 651251
INTERNATIONAL RED LOCUST CONTROL ORGANIZATION
FOR CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
P O BOX 240252
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.