ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) is a development agency that is committed for social justice, gender equality and ending poverty. It is an Associate member of the ActionAid International (AAI) Federation which is a global justice organization working to achieve social justice, gender equality and eradication of poverty.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
New Job Opportunity at ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) : The organization is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated person to fill in the following position below:
COMMUNICATION ADVISOR – WITH FOCUS ON POLITICAL STORYTELLING AND COMMUNITY BUILDING
MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation (MS TCDC) located in Usa River, Arusha, Tanzania, is part of AADK. The Centre employs more than over 100 full time staff and associates/consultants and provides high quality transformative development training and consultancy services to ActionAid International (AAI) and other civil society organisations and their partners. The Centre also offers Swahili language and African culture orientation courses, academic programs, rental of conference, lodging and boarding facilities.
Global Platforms (GP) are youth-led spaces for building collective power. Through capacity development and support to youth-led initiatives, we seek to inspire young people to organise and act on social injustice and to connect people, organisations, and movements all over the world.
Youth Community of Interest (YCOI) is a community for Youth Practitioners in ActionAid. YCOIs approaches are 1) CONNECT the Youth Constituency, 2) SHARE KNOWLEDGE about how to support youth-led action, and 3) support ACTION for youth-led change.
MS TCDC wishes to secure the services of a self-motivated and creative Communication Advisor
The purpose of the advisor position is to take our local and global work with communication and storytelling to the next level. We need our communication to be more than classic promotion and marketing of activities. We want our communication to be dynamic, engaging, and have a focus on sharing political values as well as being a place for discussion, reflection, and collective action. To do so we want to improve our focus on political storytelling and community building be it developing engaging content for our newsletters, blogs, social media pages, and websites and by strengthening the storytelling skills of relevant people within TCDC and ActionAid Denmar
- Strengthening the storytelling skills of people contributing with content for the GP BLOG and newsletter concepts through mentoring and curation.
- Run online storytelling workshops for GP, YCOI, and TCDC staff.
- Advise on and engage in strengthening the online day-to-day storytelling on social media, website, and alumni network of GP, YCOI, and TCDC.
- Advise on mini video and documentary scripts and production for social media pages to strengthen the skills of interns and volunteers.
- Co-facilitate TCDC training on journalism/storytelling.
The Advisor will additionally:
- Support in-country and cross-country learning processes.
- Participate in professional learning networks, including the Advisor network.
- Participate in and support relevant cross-country working groups. Where relevant, the Advisor will play a facilitating role for Inspirators in-country: hold intro meetings with Inspirators, coordinate learning meetings and support relational linkages.
The ideal candidate is expected to have:
- Profound understanding and hands-on experience with online storytelling and content creation for websites, blog, and SoMe.
- Ability to find stories where other people cannot.
- Expertise with transforming comprehensive and often complex information into short inspiring stories.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Other AU official languages will be an added advantage.
- Good Interpersonal and facilitation/training skills.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in media.
- Experience with communication/storytelling related to people fighting for social justice.
- Journalistic experience and good storytelling skills. Ability to write short catchy texts taking our various target groups into account.
- Some experience with competence development within journalism/storytelling and with leading the execution of communications strategies.
- Familiar with producing text for online newsletters (such as Mailchimp).
- Basic video and photo editing skills.
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Training in professional writing, i.e., media reporting, media article, case study/story, press release, content writing, etc. and added advantage.
- Training or experience in photography and videography will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work in diverse settings and juggle between different time zones.
- Patience and diplomacy to navigate hierarchical structures.
- Ability to manage different stakeholders and lines of communications.
- Ability to support and help other people to grow.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to adjust and be patient.
The position is offered under MS TCDC’s employment policy with a fixed term contract for one year.
A vibrant work environment with highly committed and professional people.
AADK/MS TCDC is an inclusive workplace which welcomes a diversity of people and ideas. As an equal opportunity employer, AADK invite everybody with relevant qualifications, independently of any identity markers (such as race, skin colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, social or economic status or any other), to apply. AADK/MS TCDC does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. Any transgression in this regard should be addressed to email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 05th February, 2021.