The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance - Tanzania (GHSC-TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania, to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and Reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH).
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC-TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders' understanding and engagement of the supply chain system, and strengthening enabling environments to improvę supply chain performance.
Job Title: Supply Chain Advisor
Department/Unit: Systems Strengthening
Reports to: Senior Capacity Building Advisor
The Supply Chain Advisor will work under the technical guidance of the Senior Capacity Building Advisor, and will focus on supporting the rollout of the redesign logistics system. S/he will work with the System Redesign Technical Team to ensure alignment across stakeholders on the approach and steps in the system redesign roll out. S/he will work with in country stakeholders including the Medical Stores Department (MSD), President’s Office of Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), and the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC). This position will be based in Dar es Salaam or Dodoma, with significant in-country travel
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical guidance and secretariat support to the System Redesign Technical Team ensuring harmonization and alignment across GoT stakeholders, IPs, and any other relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and manage all relevant materials and tools for implementation of the revised system, including training curriculum and standard operating procedures.
- Plan for and conduct monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the redesigned system,
- Continuously determining the changes that may be needed and support their implementation
- Facilitate workshops and meetings with key stakeholders in relation to the implementation of the redesigned logistics system.
- Collaboratively develop an implementation plan for the rollout of the system to the rest of the country, managing close collaboration with PSU, MSD, and PO-RALG.
- Provide technical support to MSD zones in line with the redesigned system rollout.
- Work closely with GHSC TA-TZ staff to monitor system performance.
- Liaise with the MIS team to ensure that all relevant needs for the system are captured in the eLMIS.
- Present GHSC TA-TZ work in different stakeholders’ meetings
- Share updates and plans of activities to internal staff
- Ensure workplan activities related to the system design are completed on time and of high quality
- Document success stories, best practices, and lessons learned in the system rollout.
- Serve as a technical resource for project staff for implementing supply chain improvement strategies and management approaches related to capacity building.
- Support other capacity building activities as needed.
- Prepare presentations, participate and/or represent the project in stakeholder meetings.
- Complete and submit in a timely fashion written technical and trip reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants for this position should be Tanzanian nationals or lawful residents who possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain, Public Health, or related field.
- At least five years of experience in health supply chains, including experience working in Tanzania’s public health supply chain.
- Knowledge of best practices in supply chain management, particularly for health
- Experience providing capacity building
- Knowledge of various electronic health information systems such as eLMIS preferred
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work independently.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- A proven ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience working with the Government of Tanzania and other NGOs preferred.
- Previous work experience with USAID-funded projects desirable.
- Ability to travel for an extended period away from duty station to support technical activities
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: Full-time Position
Reports to: Director of Operations
To provide transportation services to Project staff, official visitors and related support activities as well as other administrative support when necessary.
- Drive vehicle and observe all road rules and signs according to the required legal and traffic conditions.
- May require extensive travel outside of Dar es Salaam.
- Carry out different inspection of the vehicle before driving such as checking of coolant, oils and other fluids.
- Carry out minor vehicle repairs and other emergency activities such as flat tires during any road breakdowns.
- Maintain a car logbook, fuel and oil requisition book and prepare a logbook summary each day.
- Maintain cleanliness of the motor vehicle.
- Collect and deliver documents, parcels or mails as directed by the supervisor.
- The driver will be required to support the project in various administrative tasks such as running errands to TRAto pick and up and drop off items, support the project on administrative implementation of activities in the field such as paying out per diem to workshop participants, liaising with hotel to collect receipt and other documentation for payments.
- Perform other work-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Driving license class C and form 4 minimum education required.
- National Institute of Transport Certificate desirable.
- Basic knowledge in mechanics and vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Good English and Swahili communication skills required.
- Ability to work under pressure and longer hours when periodically required.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all time
If you are interested in applying these positions please send your resume, cover letter to email@example.com And kindly include title you are applying for in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for submission shall be on January 25th ,2021. GHSC – TA – TZ is an equal opportunity employer.