In 2000 the Private Agriculture Sector Support (PASS) was established by the Government of Tanzania and Government of Denmark as a pilot project facility under the Agriculture Sector Programme Support (ASPS I) funded by Danida. PASS became operational in 2001 and in 2003 continued as a facility under Agriculture Sector Programme Support II (ASPS II). In 2007, PASS was registered as an autonomous legal Trust and became a component of the Business Sector Programme Support III (BSPS III) and since 2013 the Business Sector Programme Support IV (BSPS IV).
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
PASS is offering a range of Business Development Services (BDSs) and agri-financial services in agriculture development. The range of BDS services provided include feasibility studies and business plans for prospective bank clients, farmer groups formation, farmers and agribusinesses capacity building (training), facilitate contract farming and other market linkages, linking guaranteed beneficiaries with other development partners and commercial enterprises in the provision of specialized BDS services such as good agricultural practices (GAP) and extension services.
POST:Director of Business Development (DBD) – Dar es salaam
PASS Trust is looking to recruit a Business Development Director. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO). DBD is a member of the Management Team and plays a critical role in strategic decision-making and Business Development. The area of responsibility for this role requires thorough knowledge of various Business processes. The ideal candidate must be an exceptional leader who can determine the most efficient ways to run the business. The goal is to safeguard and enhance the efficiency of the Trusts Business Strategy to accelerate agriculture development and long-term success.
To support business at the Corporate Level which include review of business proposals, managing relationship with financial institutions, partner institutions, donors government and other stakeholders.
- Promoting and informing PASS roles, at meetings with potential clients, at visits to clients, through handouts, posters, advertising,
- Design and establishment of feasible models for activities at smallholder farmer levels, including diversification of crops, improvement of production practices
- Proactively facilitating and leading the development of existing and emerging agribusiness opportunities in the sector with industry and key partners, including overseeing “Improving quality of life through agribusiness transformation” market intelligence and insights, opportunity identification and development as well as leading new initiatives and projects across the Business Strategy.
- Ensuring quality of proposals presented for support, and assisting the organization in improving on proposals into Business Plans of acceptable
- Identification, and preparation of solutions for bottlenecks in agriculture performance e.g. market access, processing, appropriate mechanization
- Identify, map and forge strategic working relations with banks, local authorities and other programs that would deploy the credit guarantee with agricultural projects in the
- Monitoring the performance of the Business in relation to respective business plans and budgets. Carry out regular performance appraisal of PASS Businesses.
- Reporting to the management on Business progress according to the agreed
- Performing other duties as advised by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A business development specialist with good knowledge /Experience in Tanzanian agriculture and agribusiness development, in business planning, project analysis, evaluation and monitoring.
- A good academic background, minimum bachelor’s degree in agricultural field, preferably in agricultural economics, business administration or any similar qualification backed up extensive experience in business
- Adequate experience in agricultural supply chain interventions for enhancement of small/medium scale agricultural
How to Apply
PASS Trust is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all qualified candidates. You are required to submit CV and cover letter explaining how the experience detailed CV in the will contribute to the requirements of the position by/on 11 February, 2021 through https://www.pass.or.tz/vacancies and click APPLY NOW button to upload and submit your proposal. Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. only shortlisted will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 11 February, 2021
Job Title : Monitoring and Evaluation ( M & E) – officer
Reporting to : Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location : Dar es salaam
M&E Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, and learning framework of the Trust. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Business Development team. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the Business Development Team, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
- Assist in the revision of the log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the Trust Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with Trust activities and timeframes as
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection
- Review the quality of existing data, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyse and aggregate
- Support progress reporting, mid-term reviews and final
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as
- Provide to the Management information required for decision Making
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the M & E Manager and
Qualifications and Experience:
First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Familiarity with some of the substantive issues handled by the project such as labour inspection, labour law enforcement, social
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social
- Excellent analytical
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal
- Good computer applications
- Good organizational
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
How to Apply
PASS Trust is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter explaining how the experience detailed CV in the will contribute to the requirements of the position. The CV and cover letter should be sent to on or before 28th January, 2021 through https://www.pass.or.tz/vacancies and click APPLY NOW button to upload and submit your proposal.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. only shortlisted will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 January, 2021