Finance & Administration Assistant
Tanzania People & Wildlife (TPW) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation of wildlife and important natural habitats through a community-driven approach. TPW helps rural communities develop their skills and abilities to protect natural resources in a manner that maximizes their benefits from these landscapes while also preserving ecological integrity. Emphasizing the critical importance of community-led initiatives, the organization provides information, training and service level support to its rural constituencies to strengthen local institutions and community-driven actions for natural resource management and wildlife conservation.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
TPW operates from the Noloholo Environmental Center on the Maasai Steppe in Northern Tanzania. Sharing a boundary with Tarangire National Park, this center acts as TPW’s regional headquarters as well as an educational center where rural community members improve their understanding of the environment and develop hands-on skills in natural resource management. From this center, TPW operates programs in four major programmatic areas: 1) wildlife conservation and human-wildlife conflict prevention, (2) youth environmental education and adult capacity building & training, (3) natural resource conservation and rangeland management, and (4) environmentally-sustainable conservation enterprise and development.
With its growing programmatic areas, TPW is looking
to hire a Finance and Administration Assistant to join a team of strong
willed and passionate individuals.
TPW is seeking a passionate, energetic and hard-working individual to fill the position of Finance & Administration Assistant as part of our team based in Noloholo Environmental Center. The successful applicant will assist TPW’s Finance and Administration Officer in daily finance activities. The job will require experience with accounting and finance, preferably but not limited to in the conservation field. The successful candidate must have impressive communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse stakeholders. This job is based in a rural setting and the successful candidate must be willing to live in an environment where some basic needs are not available
- Maintaining Books of Accounts
- Ensure that all confidential personnel files are kept in original form
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Ensure financials are updated and documented in Quick Books
- Prepare and submit monthly finance reports to the Director of Programs and Executive Director
- Track all expenses against budgets and make recommendations based on variances
- Reconcile all bank Accounts
- Maintaining the filling system of all payment vouchers
- Maintain fixed asset register book
- Assist an organization to comply with different regulatory authorities like TRA, WCF, NSSF etc
- Financial report preparation
- To ensure that all staffs are comply with TPW policies
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate should have interest in and experience with accounting. The candidate should also demonstrate interest in conservation careers and environmental issues. We are looking for an individual with the ability to learn quickly, work in a team, and collaborate with diverse communities. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in conservation and community engagement.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in one of the above fields
- Proven experience in finance and accounting
- Proven experience working with rural communities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including training and capacity building, and respect for other cultures
- Experience with community-based conservation
- Willingness to live and work in the field (must be willing to camp)
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
Proficiency with accounting software Quickbooks
Reports to: TPW Finance and Administration Officer
Duration: January – December 2021 (with possible extension)
Salary & Benefits: Salary in line with job requirements and qualifications, basic housing and food provided onsite.
Cover letter outlining interest in applying along with relevant experience, qualifications, and skills
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.