Geita Gold International School (GGIS) is owned and maintained by Geita Gold Mining Ltd, located at Geita Region within the mine license area. The school is accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and affiliated to Association of International Schools in Africa (AISA) and Tanzania International Schools Association (TISA). The school does the International Schools Assessment (ISA)
The primary objective of establishing the school at the mine was to motivate and retain scarce and critical employees by having their families close to the mine site and to provide quality primary education for their children.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Head Teacher
Job Number: GGM-2019-XTRI -04
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Manager – HSE & Training
Bachelor of Education Degree (BEd.) or Higher Diploma in Education (HDE, 4 Year)
• A minimum of 5 year’s international school management experience.
• 5 years’ experience in using an internationally recognized curriculum, such as: IPC, MYP, PYP, Cambridge Primary’ Curriculum, British National Curriculum.
• A considerable experience as Head of a School Department preferable.
• Fluent in written and spoken English
Purpose of the Role:
To provide effective, dynamic and inspirational leadership in order to maintain the quality of teaching at Geita Gold International School to enable every’ child to fulfil his/her potential. The role Incumbent is accountable to lead and manage the school, ensuring the achievement of excellent educational standards as well as promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Demonstrate world class leadership and management effectiveness of an international school.
• Oversee implementation of Teaching and Learning Policy in place to adhere to the school purpose, vision and values.
• Maintain Council of International Schools (CIS) Accreditation by adhering to required guidelines and standards.
• Have oversight of the curriculum, pastoral care and administration of the school all of which should be appropriate to the pupils’ experience, interests and aptitudes.
• Embed International Primary Curriculum (IPD) and concept of ‘internationalism’ in learning and encourage new developments in the curriculum in the context of local, national and international initiatives.
• Develop and encourage good relations with and maintain affiliation with CIS, AISA, FIELDWORK, ACER, TISA and TAIS to ensure school retains membership and up to date with said organizations for quality assurance purposes.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT, SAFETY AND PROTECTION
• Advocate Child Safety and Protection by ensuring teachers and support staff are adequately vetted via company background check procedures.
• Promote and safeguard the general welfare of children.
• Ensure that there is an effective assessment, recording and reporting system of pupils’ progress.
• Promote a culture of encouragement, support and challenge in order to achieve each child’s full potential and the highest possible educational standards.
• Maintain proper communication with children parents / guardians in safeguarding the interests of the children, including emails, letters, parents’ meetings, etc.
• Report regularly to School Advisory Committee (SAC) regarding student progress in Teaching and Learning.
MONITORING & QUALITY ASSURANCE
• Ensure that a system for monitoring and developing the quality assurance of teaching and learning is in place.
• Plan, manage and monitor the curriculum within the agreed budget, setting appropriate priorities for expenditure allocating funds and ensuring effective administration control. Includes providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
• Collate and review of schemes of work.
• Ensure quality assurance for report writing across the whole school (Nursery to Year 6).
• Ensure the achievement of mandatory requirements for the International Primary’ Curriculum (IPC) and relevant international educational standards are met.
• Create and maintain the School Calendar, Duty Rosters and class / events timetables.
• Ensure effective management and maintenance of the school website.
• Develop and encourage good relations between the school and the local community, including International Schools within Tanzania and surrounding countries.
• Ensure recruitment of right personnel as teaching and support staff, in liaisons with the Human Resources Department.
• Create and maintain good working relationships amongst all members of the school community.
• Promote the school’s ethos in which the highest standards are expected from all members of the school community.
• Act as a Leader of Professional Development and Learning programme; providing an effective Professional Development Learning programme that enables teacher improvement, aimed at improving student learning outcomes.
• Undertake Performance Effectiveness Reviews (PER) for the teaching staff and support staff (both online and paper-based reviews).
• Construct and manage the school budget in line with respective budget approval processes of the company.
• Coordinate School Infrastructure maintenance (buildings, playgrounds, furniture, etc.) through liaisons with infrastructure maintenance department.
• Proven international school management Capability
• Computer Literate (Outlook, Internet, MS Office- Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent Communication Skills (both written & verbal) in English Language – preferably English as the first language.
• Excellent Organizational and Project management skills
• Analysis & Problem-Solving skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Presentation skills
• Ability to manager conflict in a constructive manner
• Proven ability to influence and motivate others and build relationships.
Position: Technical Specialist – Underground HV Electrical
Job Number: GGM-2020-XME-08
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Superintendent 2 – Underground Equipment Maintenance
• A recognized trade qualification in Electrical as a minimum.
• A tertiary qualification backed by required level of relevant experience preferred.
• Computer literate with AutoCAD/Microsoft Projects /MS office
• Certificate in MV switching
• Preferred – Trainer/coach qualification i.e. certification/diploma.
• 8-10 years of experience as Specialist Electrician in an Underground mine.
• Experience in detail maintenance strategy of underground equipment
• Experience in 11KV switchgear and overhead lines
• Experience in maintenance of 11KV transformers/switchgear/RMU.
• Experience in MV cable splicing and terminations.
• Experience in low voltage circuit breakers
• Earth leakage protection
• Experience in 1000V equipment and gulley boxes
• Experience on Jumbo drill unit electrical work.
• Demonstrable experience as trainer/coach.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide advanced specialist support in high voltage electrical maintenance and repair of all Underground Heavy Mining Equipment particularly to ensure effective management of the electrical maintenance activities at underground operations which include Underground electrical works/ Water facilities/ Outside water sources/ Camp facilities and Infrastructure/ Overhead power lines/ Power generation/ Medium Voltage tasks/ Ventilation and guide the team as trainer/coach. As electrical specialist, to ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior electricians following the set development plans. An intrinsic responsibility of this role is to establish and execute technical development plans for junior electricians within the department, so as to develop GGML’s junior electricians to a level of heightened and improved competency.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Provide advanced specialist support in high voltage electrical maintenance and repair of all Underground Heavy Mining Equipment
• Ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to junior UG electricians particularly on high voltage following the set development plans.
• Assume the dual role of technical specialist and trainer/coach of the team.
• Ensure that the team is trained to best practice and manufacture’s standards all the time.
• Review and provide regular feedback reports on progress of UG electricians identified for development and transfer of skills.
• Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
• Provide assistance during emergencies by operating floodlights and generators, placing flares, and driving needed vehicles.
• Coaching and training skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Initiate a system to service old equipment reducing cost of purchasing.
• Read electrical/lnstrumentation drawings
• Fault finding on Electrical and Instrumentation systems.
• Tele-metering installations and fault findings
• Cost control drive as per budget.
Method of Application
Application cover letter (Subject should be Head Teacher and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Human Resources Manager,NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 18th December 2020 – 17hr30.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.