Senior Account Executive - East Africa
Tanzania Offsite (ZTZ99)
R9698If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWe are looking for a Senior Account Executive to be part of the direct systems sales team to grow Motorola Solutions’ position within the Mission Critical Communications, Software & Video solutions space by supporting local governments, public safety agencies, first responders and other large systems customers.
This job can be based anywhere in the East Africa territory.
As Senior Account Executive, you will be a part of the Sub-Sahara Direct Sales Team responsible for developing Motorola Solutions business in the region. The East Africa will be your specific area of responsibility, and you will be working closely with a team of presales engineers and bid managers.
The Senior Account Executive will be a true hunter / closer in nature, driven by dynamic challenges with a mission to close business. In addition he will also be responsible for building and maintaining close relationships with both internal and external stakeholders in the region.
Working in a large matrix organization, you will have a broad collaboration interface with various colleagues across departments internationally e.g. post sales, finance, legal, marketing, strategy, order management, government affairs etc. as well as other Motorola Departments and specialists.
As Senior Account Executive, you will be responsible for the entire sales cycle including developing and executing strategic sales plans, developing and updating sales pipelines and delivering accurate and timely forecasts. Furthermore, you will be building, expanding and maintaining relationships externally with stakeholders and engaging and communicating with the public safety community in the region.
As Senior Account Executive, you will be assisted by a number of Motorola specialists, but you will be responsible for driving the sales strategy and route to market for each specific customer.
Working in a complex environment, it is expected that you can engage with customers on a strategic level, and that you are able to develop account plans for key accounts. As Motorola’s business is based on long term relationships, you must be able to build strong customer relationships at all levels of the customer’s organization and quickly become a trusted advisor. In addition, you should be able to keep the customer updated with new products and trends and be able to transform customer needs to business opportunities.
- Establish trust and build strong business relationships with customers and relevant stakeholders within public safety and security environment
- Achieve and exceed your targets by driving revenue, building, nurturing and maintaining a solid sales pipeline
- Engage with senior public servants on a strategic level
- Drive sales primarily through direct engagement activity, but also via public tenders and change orders
- Lead large cases externally as well as internally
- Make accurate forecasting on time
- Maintain constant and accurate opportunity and account updates on Sales Force
- Articulate & prioritize resource requirements to the pre sales and post sales teams
- Post Graduate / Master Degree with 6+ years of public sales experience, preferably in the communications or public safety industry
- Proven record of continuous achievement in delivering sales results, closing large complex deals and developing collaborative relationships
- Strong understanding of the local culture, challenges and unique requirements
- Experience with public tenders
- Knowledge with contract law
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a structured, detail oriented and accurate way
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make firm decisions in a complex environment
- Exceptional presentation skills required
- Extensive travel requirements
- Fluent in English
Would be great if:
- You have experience from public safety and security
- You have experience from next generation public safety communication, video and software solutions
- You have experience working with Salesforce
- You have experience working in political environments
- You have experience from navigating in large (US) organizations
Relocation Provided None
Position Type Experienced
Referral Payment Plan No
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!