Registration Specialist (1 Position)
Medical Teams International Tanzania
Reports to Medical Officer Technical: M&E Officer
Location Nyarugusu, Kasulu Kigoma
Workdays & Hours 40-45 hours/week.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Responsible for capturing reliable and up to date patient’s data, cleaning data and preparing basic reports to inform decision making at the health facility level.
- Assist medical staff by capturing patient information in paper files and enter data in HIS/HMIS electronic and manual registers on a daily basis.
- Responsible for cleaning data in the database to ensure quality, up to date and reliable information
- Generate weekly and month data reports in accordance with reporting standards
- Oversee the storage of data hard copies to ensure strict confidentiality in line with MTI policy
- Mentor health facility staff in data management best practices
- Perform basic data analysis and make presentations to health facility staff on recent performance trends, organise CMEs with health facility staff to analyse and interpret medical data
- Assist the Data Manager/M&E Officer in conducting assessments to measure quality of service provision
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Statistics, Social Sciences, Information Technology or related field is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in data capture is required
- Experience working in a health setting and with HIS/HMIS is an added advantage
- Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of data management best practices
- Basic knowledge of health data analysis
- Skilled in using HIS/HMIS databases and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Skilled in generating basic reports and basic data visualisation
- Skilled in training and capacity building
- Analytical with strong attention to details
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
Application Deadline: 30th of December 2020 at 1700HRS.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line “Registration Specialist”