Associate Admin Officer
Job Title Associate Admin Officer
Job ID 24094
Kibondo, Tanzania- U.R. Of
Salary Grade NB
Hardship Level E
Family Location Type Family
This Job Opening is available to eligible UNHCR staff members and external applicants.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Procedures and Eligibility
Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS). Applicants must be nationals of, and be locally recruited within the country of their employment.
Duties and Qualifications
Associate Administrative Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Associate Administrative Officer is responsible for supporting the Office/Bureau in the implementation of general administrative and resource management tasks. S/he will work quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor, who will provide general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches; work is controlled for meeting expected results.
S/he will establish and maintain efficient administrative control mechanisms to ensure compliance with UN administrative, financial and human resources rules and procedures. Contacts on administrative/budgetary related issues are mainly with Sections/Units/Offices within the organization both at HQ and in the Field and with local suppliers/services to ensure provision of services and resolution of difficult problems.
Frequent external contacts with counterparts in other organizations or at working level in national Governments on issues of importance to Organization¿s programmes. He/she acts as adviser or representative of the Organization with authority to discuss problems and seek common ground on which to recommend solutions based on predetermined guidelines provided by higher authority.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Contribute to the provision of resources (human, material and services) necessary to support the day-to-day activities of the staff in the office.
- Monitor the day-to-day personnel and administrative operations of the office.
- Provide advice on personnel and administrative policies and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of processes and procedures to improve and strengthen internal controls in line with UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Participate in the recruitment and appointment process, and assist with administrative formalities concerning local General Service staff.
- Coordinate training and capacity-building activities to staff in administrative related areas.
- Assist with the preparation of staffing and administrative budget requirements for the office.
- Assist in the competitive procurement process for selecting, awarding and issuing local contracts, in line with UNHCR regulations, rules and procedures.
- Facilitate the mission travel of staff, including following up on travel authorizations, bookings, tickets.
- Monitor the quality and timeliness of goods and services delivered to the office.
- Manage contracts and relations with suppliers.
- In coordination with Human Resources and Field Security, undertake periodic reviews to ensure that the Office premises are set up and staff accommodation are managed in line with the organizational policies and any related issues are brought to the attention of DHR.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For P2/NOB - 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Public or Business Administration; Economics; or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Work experience in at least one of the following fields: Human Resources, Administration, Budget, Finance, and Procurement. Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications.
- Working experience of at least one year in an intergovernmental organization (United Nations or similar). Good knowledge of UNHCR¿s administrative rules and procedures. Working experience with PeopleSoft/Oracle Financial and/or HR modules.
- FI-Financial Management;
- FI-Funds Monitoring/Identifying Cash Flow Problems;
- MG-Office Management;
- RM-Resource Management;
- UN-UNHCR Financial Rules and Regulations and Procedures;
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- Competencies as defined in Job Profile
- Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No late applications will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a technical assessment or written test and later on, invited for an oral interview.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
Duration: initially for a period of one (1) year.
Qualified female and candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In case of difficulties with application process please contact email: email@example.com
Closing date for submissions or applications is 08 January 2021.
NOTE: If application link failed to opened now is due to U