2 .0 About Us
Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA) is a volunteer membership organization aiming at empowering girls and young women socially and economically through informal education. TGGA is a Member Organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) with more than 10 million members worldwide. Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, making friends and having fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to impact change to themselves, their communities and our world. WAGGGS keeps the global guiding Movement thriving, united and growing.
TGGA operates within the context of a volunteer-led global charitable organization among 150 Member Organizations (MO).
2.0 TGGA seeks to employ competent team players to fill in
positions which exist in the organization, who will perform their duties
with highest integrity, diligence, and professionalism.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
3.1 JOB TITTLE: Account Officer
Line Manager: National Secretary
Key Working Relationships: Chief Commissioner, National Secretary, Projects Coordinators and managers, Finance Committee, Training department and senior leaders of Tanzania Girl Guides Association.
Responsibilities and job description
I. Financial management of TGGA
Responsible for implementation of all TGGA routines and regulations in accordance with the Financial Management Manual. Quality assurance of budgets, payments, accounting, facilitation of auditing as well as financial risk management. Internal training and active support of programme staff to reinforce
capacity of financial management in programmes. Simplifying and improving routines within the borders of compliance and risk management.
II. Administrative systems and routines of TGGA
Hereunder, to be in charge of implementation of well-functioning support systems at the office in order to provide necessary and timely administrative support and procurement processes.
Ability to work independently with very minimal supervision, being proactive and dedication to work beyond normal hours when needed to do so.
III. Fundraising and compliance with donors’ financial and administrative requirements
Hereunder, participate in fundraising proposal writing and ensure high quality as well as timely accounting and reports to different donors. Understanding of funding portfolio, managing its size and risk. Hereunder also participating in pursuing new donors and securing strong trust with existing donors.
Lead by example and empower direct reports within finance and administration department, ensure human resource development of staff with capacity building and regular performance development review. Lead the finance and administration organization to deliver its services in a way that motivates and enables programme staff to extra ordinary performance.
V. Follow-up of partners & projects implementations
Responsible for the follow-up of partners to improve their financial and administrative performance; hereunder capacity building, financial assessments of projects, monitoring and monthly reports.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,316+ POSTS) Qualifications
1. Degree in Accounting or Finance from recognized learning institution with more than 3 years post qualification working experience
2. Possession of CPA or ACCA, knowledge of accounting software’s and registration with NBAA will also be an added advantage
3. Broad experience within finance and administration management at a senior level, including supervisory experience
4. Documented results from capacity building
5. Experience from partner-based work is an advantage
6. Experience in dealing with multi-currency accounting and she/he MUST have experience of using Quick book
7. Ability to manage complex reports and systems
8. Proven high level of integrity
9. Structured, self-driven, energetic and result oriented
10. Excellent communication, writing and cooperation skills
11. Ability to take initiative, prioritize, delegate and work strategically
12. Ability to inspire others and build their skills and capacity
13. Ability to handle stress and heavy workloads, to manage complex processes and deliver on time
14. Friendly, polite with good sense of humour
15. The person employed MUST be loyal to TGGA organizational values and comfortable with working in a volunteering environment.
3.2 JOB TITLE: National Secretary
Responsible to: The Chief Commissioner
Location: Tanzania Girl Guides Association Head Office in Dar es salaam
Key Working Relationships:
Administration team, Projects team, Finance Committee, Training & Publicity unit and senior leaders of Tanzania Girl Guides Association.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,316+ POSTS)
1. University degree in business or public administration or any related field
2. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
3. Very proficient in Computer usage and office administration
4. At least 4 years’ experience working in a senior administrative & executive secretarial position
5. Experience in working with projects or donor funded organizations will be an added advantage; and
6. Knowledge of Tanzania Girl Guide Association and/or the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts and/or girl guiding will be an added advantage.
1. Excellent communication and organizational skills with a proficiency in oral and written English and Swahili
2. Good organizational skills; able to plan and organize him/herself with little to no supervision
3. Good and quick problem-solving skills; able to adapt to a dynamic work environment; and
4. A well-organized person with integrity, loyal, and attention to detail is very crucial.
1. Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures evaluate and implement new procedures;
2. Establish work priorities, delegate work to office staff and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed;
3. Carry out all administrative activities associated with the Tanzania Girl Guides Association;
4. Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation;
5. Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services;
6. Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls;
7. Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence;
8. Managing office supplies stock and placing orders;
9. Ensuring annual budgets and financial quarterly reports are timely and effectively prepared;
10. Preparing regular administrative reports; and
11. Coordinate working effort in collaboration with the Chief Commissioner.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,316+ POSTS)
Responsible to: The National Secretary
Location: Tanzania Girl Guides Association Head office in Dar es salaam
Publicity & Training Coordinator will focus on development, implementing and maintaining the online presence of the association through its website, e-newsletter and Social Media. As well build a good relationship with key stakeholder’s communication people in order work together to keep all audiences informed, connected with TGGA activities and excited about the association’s work. This individual will be viewed as the webmaster and one who has much knowledge of all levels in guiding. Ability to create visibility of association’s activities and deliver guiding packages and communication skills at all levels will be an added advantage.
Roles and Responsibility:
1. Develop, implement and manage online presence to maximize information and results sharing
2. Maximize online usage and activities by keeping information current and meaning full to team, members and stakeholders
3. Constantly measure usage and impact of online communication tools /activities
4. Continuous up-date contacts database of members, stakeholders, partners and suppliers
5. Make sure that the organization’s brand is consistently applied to online information and Communication materials
6. Help develop and implement the Social Media Strategy for the Marketing and Communications function including budget and result tracking
7. Monitor and maintain all Social Media sights for TGGA – Facebook and Twitter
8. Use the Association’s monitoring, evaluation and patrol training system scheme creatively
9. To work closely with the Training Commissioner, and involve training committee in the implementation of the training planned activities from National to Regional level
10. To strategize on membership recruitment and retention
11. To create and empower facilitators pool
12. To have a health check plans on guiding in the regions
13. To prepare, update and oversee the training programme implementation for TGGA
14. To set a training National Calendar and implement in collaboration with the Regional trainers
15. To update the present training method and incorporate the information technologies into the training scheme
16. To monitor and evaluate the training syllabus
17. To prepare training annual budget
18. To be creative and strategize to improve training operations at the District and Regional levels
19. To design and prepare certificates and pins awards for presentation after successful completion of training
20. To identify training sites; and
21. To keep abreast with policies and strategic planning of TGGA
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,316+ POSTS)
1. Minimum first degree/advanced in business, marketing/communications or public relations. Education background will be an added advantage
2. Minimum of 4 years working experience preferably with organizations involved with the implementation of communication & training programs
3. Experience with major development partners
4. Experience and interactions with media outlets adverting agencies, promotion, experiential marketing companies; and
5. Strong interpersonal and networking skills
6. Strong writing and presentation skills both in English and Kiswahili
7. Strong problem-solving skills
8. Ability to function in a multi-cultural environment
9. Excellent Microsoft office skills including Design software such as Adobe illustrator, In-design
10. Educational, Finance and project management skills
11. Ability to thrive in a team of dynamic communications professionals; and
12. A positive attitude, initiative, flexibility and ability to prioritise and organise workloads while maintaining the required standards
13. The ideal candidate will be talented and a creative facilitator and communications professional with excellent interpersonal skills
14. The ability to manage and monitor a diverse workload, and have experience working with the both the public and private sectors
15. Sound knowledge of publicity and communications especially with respect to Social Media
16. Experience in developing publicity materials such as brochures, newsletters, press releases, outdoor, organizing & running a camp, radio, TV programs
17. Excellent oral and written communication skills
18. Good facilitation, analytical skills with a focus on the details
A package within TGGA salary scale
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,316+ POSTS)
1) Tanzanian girls and young women not more than 50 years of age are encouraged to apply
2) Applicants must attach updated curriculum Vitae (CV) showing two reliable referee contacts (Postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers)
3) Working Experience of not less than 3 years is necessary for all positions
4) Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates with one recent passport size photograph and copy of birth certificate (Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will not be accepted)
5) Interested applicants are requested to submit their cover letter, CV and other associated documents to: BoTtgga2020@gmail.com
6) Application deadline is 12/11/2020. Any application sent after this date will not be considered.