Requisition ID: req11181
Job Title: Senior Specialist, M&E Technology – Great Lakes
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Location: Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education and power.
Are you passionate about using technology to improve monitoring and evaluation? We are growing our team to improve the use of technology in M&E. Together we will develop and deploy new data tools, transition from paper to electronic data collection, and improve our data flows.
1. Deployment of technologies for data collection
• Undertaking technology needs assessments for IRC programs
• Designing and implementing project plans for countries/programs transitioning to new data collection tools
• Configuration of non-standard project/program indicators in data collection tools
• Ensuring data validation is well embedded in the structure of data collection tools
• Collaborating with program, IT and supply chain teams to plan purchase of devices
• System training and ongoing end-user support for IRC staff and partners
2. Supporting data management, analysis and visualization
• Working from standard XLSX and PBIX templates, setting up indicator database and dashboard for visualizing M&E data.
• Providing training to M&E staff on indicator databases and dashboards
• Undertaking data quality assessments for current databases
• Migration or transformation of existing project or country level data in to standard data structures
3. Understanding user needs and ensuring these needs are well understood throughout the team
• Gathering user feedback on data tools during and after deployment
• Participating in requirements capturing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for new tools
• Sharing user feedback with colleagues in IT and other team feedback
• At least 5 years of professional experience, including with technology tools used in humanitarian/development work.
• Experience of configuring and deploying some or all of Commcare, Kobo, Power BI, SQL Server or Power Apps
• Experience of providing technology support
• Knowledge of standard methodologies in database design
• Experience of delivering training
• Able to work independently and efficiently in a multifaceted environment
• Experience working in humanitarian development, government or other organization that focus on serving clients with technology
• Experience of requirements analysis
• Experience of participating in User Acceptance Testing for new IT systems
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, this role may initially be working remotely and providing remote support. As travel restrictions lift, the role will transition to an office environment, and travel up to 35% of the time to provide in-person support to colleagues in our country offices.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.