Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Site Supervisor - Open Cut supervises on site Orica teams, plant and ancillary equipment in accordance with the service level agreement, corporate and regulatory standards and supervises the implementation of the Orica SHES requirements, as well as complete adoption of CHECKPOINT, and Quality programs.
● Provides analytical/decision support to area manager on continuous improvement plan for decreasing operational costs.
● Participates in the short, medium, and long-term planning activities of the site.
● Completes mandatory monthly inventory counts and reconciliations, safety meetings, annual Letter of Assurance and ensure all actions assigned to the Site are completed required databases.
● Audits and inspects site operations to ensure regulatory requirements are met and are performed safely in accordance company policies.
● Ensures mandatory training of all employees is completed and documented.
● Manages employee training plans.
● Documents all training activities, develop, motivate and supervise employees for performance to full potential while safely providing customer service.
● Ensures that good housekeeping, record keeping, and preventative maintenance programs are in place.
● Assists in preparation of fixed cost budgets, capital expenditures, staffing, equipment requirements, and a updated Resource Model.
● Analyses site inventories to minimize product quantities and improve site profitability through stock rotation and management.
● Schedules daily activities of employees to meet customer requirements and ensures proper management of site including raw material ordering, and preventative maintenance.
● Communicates and develops/implements action plan to address any operational issues.
● Effectively communicates and manages all outside regulatory agency audits/inspections and implement necessary action plans as required.
● Maintains, develops, and increases accounts in a safe and profitable manner while meeting corporate goals and improving customer satisfaction.
● Communicates regularly with customers seeking opportunities for improving Orica services.
● Collaborates (Core Behavioural)
● Customer focus (Core Behavioural)
● Situational adaptability (Core Behavioural)
● Self-development (Core Behavioural)
● Courage (Core Behavioural)
● Plans and aligns (Core Behavioural)
● Develops talent (Core Behavioural)
● Decision quality (Core Behavioural)
● Cultivates innovation (Core Behavioural)
● Action oriented (Core Behavioural)
● Ensures accountability (Core Behavioural)
● Drives vision and purpose
● Carriage of Dangerous Goods Clearance Authority
● S1, S2, S3 (Site Safety Supervisor)
If you want to apply for this job, click below:
Career Opportunities: Operator - Asset (10100)
The Operator - Asset provides reliable and safe movement of mobile fleet, equipment and plant throughout the region.
- Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
Key Accountabilities Conducts safe and reliable movement of all equipment as directed within the region. Knows and adheres to relevant procedures, statutory requirements and codes Continually reassesses risks associated with regional operation and maintenance processes taking appropriate corrective action as required. Mentors of staff and local service contractors in the support of Oricaâ€™s Operations. Supports local area Field Support Technician & Mechanics/fitters within the region Provides subject matter expert on vehicle and equipment movements within the region. Assists with driver training as requested
(Core Behavioural) Collaborates
(Core Behavioural) Customer focus
(Core Behavioural) Situational adaptability
(Core Behavioural) Courage
(Core Behavioural) Self-development
(Core Behavioural) Develops talent
(Core Behavioural) Plans and aligns
(Core Behavioural) Decision quality
(Core Behavioural) Cultivates innovation
(Core Behavioural) Action oriented
(Core Behavioural) Ensures accountability
(Core Behavioural) Drives vision and purpose
- Multi Combination Licence
- Permit to Work Compliance
- Security Clearance
- Conditions of Employment
- Physical Requirements
The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation; - Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist; - A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged; - Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth; - Competitive salary packages