Water Treatment Section Leader
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit two (2) Water Treatment Plant Section Leaders to join North Mara team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned process operation tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Process Plant Manager. This is a permanent role for national and fixed term contract for expat, with the work roster being 6 Weeks on and 3 Weeks off.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It's Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here
- Plans, organizes, assigns, directs, and reviews the work of employees engaged in the operation and maintenance of the wastewater treatment plant and advanced water treatment facility, and reclaimed water distribution and disposal facilities.
- Oversees operation of facilities to meet all applicable regulatory requirements and in accordance with design criteria. Develops and implements techniques and methods of process control which increase plant efficiency.
- Optimize operations by improving operator standard work and detailed Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversees preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Oversees the work of others contracted to work on plant components.
- Confers with the Gold Plant Manager on plant operational problems.
- Oversees the preventive maintenance program of the plant.
- Oversees emergency and unscheduled work to assure appropriate follow through.Prepares water treatment reports on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually reports.
- Plant evaluation to improve overall plant effectiveness and ensure effective resolution to in-time problems.
- Ensure that all Environmental and Safety Standards and procedures are maintained according to ISO14001, ISO45001 and TZS 860:2006 Standards
- Implements, directs, and enforces plant safety and risk management programs.
- Coordinates equipment repair or replacement such that plant effluent quality limits are maintained.
- Oversees preparation of work orders.
- Oversees the requisition process for tools, materials, equipment, and services.
- Responsible for inventory of stored material for use in the plant.
- Reviews and comments on all plans for construction, repair, or replacement of any plant components.
- Oversees training activities.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,316+ POSTS)
- Degree/ Diploma in Water quality management
- 7 Years – Post qualified experience in water quality management
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of diagnostics Scada system.
- Analytical skills, able to think logically and clearly; Strong attention to detail.
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate water treatment plant.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform safety inspections and identify safety hazards.
- Ability to work in confined spaces, work standing or in a crouched position for long periods.
- Possession of Valid driving license
- Chemistry – Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 14th November, 2020.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,316+ POSTS)
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 November 2020